• Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Please, hel me with this letter..

Dear ,
    Here are some news from me. I hope you and your family are well.
    I often think of you and I wonder if you are ok and what you are doing.
    Im a retired person, sixty-seven years old. I spend my days doing some small jobs at home more to kill time than anything else. Im certainly not rich, but I cant complain. I live on my pension without economic problems, partly because I have reduced my demands to the bare necessities of life.
    Unfortunately, my mother died last summer. I loved her a lot. My sister, my brother, his children and I, cared for her daily. Now, my sister and I are alone in the house, but our brother and his family often come and visit us; so, we are very close just like my mother wanted.
    Dear .., I told you all this, so that you can get to know me better. But I dont want to bother you with my story.
    Id like to help you with my little support. I would be really glad to know how school is going on; Im sure you are a good pupil, because I was told so before.
    Do you practise any sport? I hope you do. While Im writing I have got a picture of you in front of me. The questions Im asking you are the same I ask my little niece; she is 7; she goes to school and is a good pupil too.
    For several years I gave my support to a little girl named . When she grew-up and decided to get married my support had to come to an end.
    I was very glad to hear that she was going to marry, and in my heart I sent her my best wishes. Unfortunately I didnt get a picture of the ceremony and I still miss the messages about her. You know, I grow fond of my correspondents, even if we wont get to know each other personally and we live far away.
    I send you and your family my best wishes, and Im looking forward to get a further message about you.

Sincerely

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: Please, hel me with this letter..

Here are some news from me. - here's my news. (and move it to after 'I hope you are well')

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Cool Re: Please, hel me with this letter..

Hi Tdol, is the rest of the letter ok?

Thanks. Rip

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Maltese
      • Home Country:
      • Malta
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ripley View Post
    Dear ,
    Here are some news from me. I hope you and your family are well.
    I often think of you and I wonder if you are ok and what you are doing.
    Im a retired person, sixty-seven years old. I spend my days doing some small jobs at home more to kill time than anything else. Im certainly not rich, but I cant complain. I live on my pension without economic problems, partly because I have reduced my demands to the bare necessities of life.
    Unfortunately, my mother died last summer. I loved her a lot. My sister, my brother, his children and I, cared for her daily. Now, my sister and I are alone in the house, but our brother and his family often come and visit us; so, we are very close just like my mother wanted.
    Dear .., I told you all this, so that you can get to know me better. But I dont want to bother you with my story.
    Id like to help you with my little support. I would be really glad to know how you're getting on at school; Im sure you are a good pupil, because I was told so before.
    Do you practise any sport? I hope you do. While Im writing I have got a picture of you in front of me. The questions Im asking you are the same I ask my little niece; she is 7; she goes to school and is a good pupil too.
    For several years I gave my support to a little girl named . When she grew up and decided to get married my support had to come to an end.
    I was very glad to hear that she was going to marry, and in my heart I sent her my best wishes. Unfortunately I didnt get a picture of the ceremony and I still miss her messages. You know, I grow fond of my correspondents, even if we wont get to know each other personally and we live far away.
    I send you and your family my best wishes, and Im looking forward to get a further message about you.

Sincerely
    There isn't much to correct in this letter. It's well-written.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Thanks a lot for your help! Rip

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Maltese