1. Ana Laura

Talking Please tell me if its ok

Hello,
    I would like to know if this bshort description has no mistakes. I would appreciate If anyone can add other phrases/expressions or vocabulary to the text.

When I began my career at the School of Art five years ago, I met Richard Wells,the teacher of drama. Physically, Richard is a short and stocky man in his fifties with brown piggy eyes and wavy silver hair. He is usually dressed in jeans and grey pullovers. As for his personality, Richard is energetic, outgoing and confident. He always walks in a self-assured manner and looks at people with a steady gaze. However, he can be rather temperamental at times. Once, he shouted at a girl because she asked him a question twice. Being both a university teacher and a part-time actor, Richard has little time to go out with his friends. In my view, Richard Wells is a dedicated professional and a fun-loving man. (please tell me if I should change or improve this conclusion)

Thank you very much.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: Please tell me if its ok

Hello Ana,

When I began my career at the School of Art five years ago, I met Richard Wells,the teacher of drama. ] "drama teacher" might be more usual.

Physically, Richard is a short and stocky man in his fifties with brown piggy eyes ] Note that "brown piggy eyes" is not complimentary.

He is usually dressed in jeans and grey pullovers. ] "...and a grey pullover", unless he tends to wear several at the same time!

In my view, Richard Wells is a dedicated professional and a fun-loving man. (please tell me if I should change or improve this conclusion)] I think the conclusion is a little odd, because "fun-loving" usually implies someone who does go out a lot with other people and engage in lively social activities.

All the best,

MrP

PS: This isn't a real reference for someone, is it?