can any1 help me to check whether i use these idioms correctly ornt

1.Instead of wasting money on these useless things,you should try to save your money now for your future because a penny saved is a penny earned.
    2.The economy has turned better nowadays and most of the family are afford to buy a car because a rising tide lifts all boats.
    3.This watch is a steal!I bought a resemble one with only $30 at the roadside!
    4.Eversince lili had immigrate to USA last month,my love towards her grow stronger and stronger.As the saying goes,'absence makes the heart grow fonder.'
    5.We should not hire Ali who is very clumsy and careless.He is an accident waiting to happen.He will only cause a lot of trouble to us.
    6.Alicia told me about what the jury prefer to,which will become an ace up my sleeve.
    7.His Achilles' heel is that his greediness.You just have to give him a treat and he will tell you all the secrets.
    8.Stop boasting in front of us,if you really can eat the wasabi,prove it!@Actions speak louder than words.
    9.We should not add fuel to the fire when qiki is having cold war with dick, or we might worsen the situation.
    10.Although i hate to work at Sunday,i still do it against the grain as i really have no other choice.
    11.i should not laught at Walter who was used to be a dumb student.Now he has become my boss and an albatross around my neck which will be make my future become tougher.
    12.This pair of twins is really alike as two peas.I cannot even differentiate who is elder brother and who is the youger one.
    13.I have known about their cunning plan all along since I saw them murmuring at the back of the class.
    14.This exhibition is open to all and sundry,to whoever intested in art.
    15.The counsellor is all ears to listen to the problem that you faced this week

Re: can any1 help me to check whether i use these idioms correctly ornt

Quote Originally Posted by abs View Post
    1.Instead of wasting money on these useless things,you should try to save your money now for your future because a penny saved is a penny earned.
    2.The economy has turned better nowadays and most of the family are afford to buy a car because a rising tide lifts all boats.
    3.This watch is a steal!I bought a resemble one with only $30 at the roadside! "A steal" is something that costs less than the usual price. Your sentence implies you bought a similar item for only $30, so the item in the sentence cannot be a steal.

4.Eversince lili had immigrate to USA last month,my love towards her grow stronger and stronger.As the saying goes,'absence makes the heart grow fonder.' emigrated or moved to a country

5.We should not hire Ali who is very clumsy and careless.He is an accident waiting to happen.He will only cause a lot of trouble to us.
    6.Alicia told me about what the jury prefer to,which will become an ace up my sleeve. This does not make sense.
    7.His Achilles' heel is that his greediness.You just have to give him a treat and he will tell you all the secrets.
    8.Stop boasting in front of us,if you really can eat the wasabi,prove it!@Actions speak louder than words.
    9.We should not add fuel to the fire when qiki is having cold war with dick, or we might worsen the situation.
    10.Although i hate to work at Sunday,i still do it against the grain as i really have no other choice.
    11.i should not laught at Walter who was used to be a dumb student.Now he has become my boss and an albatross around my neck which will be make my future become tougher.
    12.This pair of twins is really alike as two peas.I cannot even differentiate who is elder brother and who is the youger one. With twins, better to say "I cannot tell which is which".
    13.I have known about their cunning plan all along since I saw them murmuring at the back of the class.
    14.This exhibition is open to all and sundry,to whoever intested in art.
    15.The counsellor is all ears to listen to the problem that you faced this week
    Basic principles: always follow punctuation with one space. "I" is always capitalized

You seem to have the meanings ok on the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Basic principles: always follow punctuation with one space. "I" is always capitalized

You seem to have the meanings ok on the whole.
    thax.wat if i put 'a steal' into this sentence.
    This watch is a steal as i only brought it for $30,much cheaper than the one which u brought last week.

N can u tell me wat is the market tat sell cheap bt special n useful thngs.

can any1 help me make sentences by using an ace up your sleeve

Quote Originally Posted by abs View Post
    Thanks. What if I put 'a steal' into this sentence?

This watch is a steal as I only bought it for $30, much cheaper than the one which you bought last week. Yes, that works fine.

N can u tell me wat is the market tat sell cheap bt special n useful thngs. Sorry - can't understand this.

Then can you help me to build a sentence by using 'ace up your sleeve'?

My excellent use of English was the "ace up my sleeve" in landing my new job as interpreter.

It was the final and most important factor in achieving something.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    My excellent use of English was the "ace up my sleeve" in landing my new job as interpreter.

It was the final and most important factor in achieving something.

Thank you very much.

Can you please go to my another post to help me to solve my other problem?

Thanks.