Can anyone help me to check whether i use these idiom correctly or not?2

1.Uncle Sunny who is all heart decided to donate all his salary to the new built orphanage.
    2.After everyone heard the bell rang,all hell broke loose as everyone rushed out the class.
    3.There must be other intiatives which can solve this problem because all roads lead to Rome.
    4.When everyone is all set,we depart to the seaside.
    5.Ali's siblings are all skin and bones as their parents cannot afford to buy some healthy food for them.
    6.We envy Lily very much as she owns a television which has all mod cons.
    7.I am not going to give you any tips so that all of you are all square in this competition.
    8.Willy who is all talk and no trousers always boasts about himself,but rarely take any action to prove it.
    9.Although he might look very kind-hearted,it does not mean that he has a heart of gold.As the saying goes,'all that glitters is not gold.'
    10.Harry Potter's novel series are all the rage nowadays as most of the students own them.
    11.You should not only focus on your weakest subject,English but try to put in affort on other subjects too.Or else you might end up with getting poor result in those subject due to the lack of study.As the saying goes,'do not put all your eggs in a basket.'
    12.Although Yii's physical appearance is totally different with mine,she is my alter ego as we share the same hobbies and we are intimate friend.
    13.This competition was the only chance for him to prove his talent in sports.However,he injured his leg and miss it.As the saying goes,'always a bridesmaid,never a bride.'
    14.when the master of ceromony is going to announce who the winner is,every participants have ants in their pants as they are very nervous and cannot sit still.
    15.I think we should just accept Betty's suggestion which we rejected last week as we really do not have other choice.As the saying goes,'any port in a storm.'

Re: Can anyone help me to check whether i use these idiom correctly or not?2

Quote Originally Posted by abs View Post
    1.Uncle Sunny who is all heart decided to donate all his salary to the new built orphanage.
    2.After everyone heard the bell rang,all hell broke loose as everyone rushed out the class. Passable, but really "all hell broke out" means that events get out of hand and cannot be controlled.
    3.There must be other intiatives which can solve this problem because all roads lead to Rome.
    4.When everyone is all set,we depart to the seaside.
    5.Ali's siblings are all skin and bones as their parents cannot afford to buy some healthy food for them.
    6.We envy Lily very much as she owns a television which has all mod cons. Just passable - sounds odd as "all Mod Cons" usually refers to the way in which a house has all the modern conveniences built in.
    7.I am not going to give you any tips so that all of you are all square in this competition. Doesn't sound right to me - better expressed: "...tips so you are all square in the competition"
    8.Willy who is all talk and no trousers always boasts about himself,but rarely take any action to prove it.
    9.Although he might look very kind-hearted,it does not mean that he has a heart of gold.As the saying goes,'all that glisters is not gold.'
    10.Harry Potter's novel series are all the rage nowadays as most of the students own them.With slight alteration: "...nowadays, so most of the students own them."
    11.You should not only focus on your weakest subject, English but try to put in affort on other subjects too. Or else you might end up with getting poor result in those subjects due to the lack of study. As the saying goes,'do not put all your eggs in a basket.'
    12.Although Yii's physical appearance is totally different from mine,she is my alter ego as we share the same hobbies and we are intimate friends.
    13.This competition was the only chance for him to prove his talent in sports. However, he injured his leg and missed it. As the saying goes,'always a bridesmaid, never a bride.' If you change "only" to "last", then you are fine with this expression. It means that you have often tried to do something but never achieved it.
    14.when the master of ceromony is going to announce who the winner is, every participants have ants in their pants as they are very nervous and cannot sit still. Change "every" to "all" and you've got it.
    15.I think we should just accept Betty's suggestion which we rejected last week as we really do not have other choice. As the saying goes,'any port in a storm.'
    It would be much easier to read your postings if you remember the space after punctuation.

Why did you red-marked most of my word?
    Some is because my wrong spelling,but what do others mean?

If you compare your original with the changes, you will see why - many of them are that there is no space after punctuation.

{The saying "All that glisters is not gold" comes from Shakespeare. It is often given wrongly as "glitters"]