Student or Learner
Could you please check my report for FCE exam? Thank you very much!!!
Your school has recently been given a large sum of money to spend on either a new library or a cafeteria. You have been asked to write a report for your school director, describing the advantages of each plan. Say which one you think should be chosen, and why.
To: Mr. White
From: Peter Petrov
Date: 16 June 2007
Subject: New facility: Library or Cafeteria?
The purpose of this report is to recommend which facility would be most beneficial to the school.
Benefits of a library
This would offer the following advantages:
- It would enable all students to borrow a variety of books from the library and would help them do homework.
- Authors, writers, journalists could be invited to the library to discus different topics with the students.
- Meetings, clubs and other activities could be held in the library
Benefits of a cafeteria
This would provide the following benefits:
- The students could have meal in the school instead of leaving for other places to eat.
- A variety of food and beverages could be served during all terms.
- It would also provide more job opportunities for some students, as they could be employed as temporary staff.
Although the cafeteria could offer some benefits, a large amount of money would require to provide it with all the necessary supplies. Furthermore, visitors of the cafeteria would make a lot of noise, which would not be acceptable due to its close location to classrooms. In my opinion, the school should build a new library, because it would make books freely available for the students, and meetings with interesting people would appeal to them.
could have meal
during all terms- this doesn't seem to be much of a point to me