anything in the world ...

Hi

Could someone possibly help me with the last part of the following sentence:

"He has lost his pension and he is utterly
    incapable of doing anything in the world for himself."

I get the gist but I can't seem to translate it well into my language. If you would rewrite that part into a more simple English, what would the result be? Any suggestions?

Re: anything in the world ...

He n o longer has any money and is no longer able to do anything for himself [not clear if this is because he is physically or financially incapable]

Hi Anglika

Actually, the context is somewhat confusing. Sure, the man in question hasn't got the money necessary to make his life better, but he has also lost his "soul", in the sense that he is a warrior and the only thing he knows anything about is war, nothin else. Now, when it's peace, he has no resources within himself to make his life better ... hm, maybe I just answered my own question. Or, maybe it's only a matter of financial difficulities, what do you think?

It's really not clear, but I like your interpretation that he has run out of psychic energy as well as losing his income. It seems to make sense.