Please anyone?

During his childhood, he followed his grandfather to Ipoh in Malaya.

Does it sound right? I am blurrrrr...

Re: Please anyone?

Looks ok to me.

Thank you, Anglika.

Some more, please:
    1. Mr. Cheng Ruo Sheng is from Rendeli in FujianTonganCounty at China.
    2. The shop was the agent distributing kerosene, gasoline, cooking oil, and local produce sundries
    3. Mr. Cheng is Mr. Sun Yat-sen loyal supporter. His contribution to Mr. Sun’s revolutionary activities is enormous.
    4. He was actively responsible in local revolutionary against Qing dynasty and donation charity so as to recruit Chinese as alliances.
    5. When he presided in “Perak Daily”, he actively supports to against Yuan Shikai for war to guard homeland.
    6. His sharp and acute political veiws aroused British collenial Government and caused Mr. Cheng expel from the country.
    7. In the month of November, 1939, Mr. Cheng Ruo Sheng was sicked and ended his life of seventy years.
    8. Cheng has married three wife with three sons and a daughter.
    9. Mr. Cheng was rested in HokkienCemetery at Gopeng Road.
    Last edited by me_learnEng; 29-Apr-2007 at 23:00.

Quote Originally Posted by me_learnEng View Post
    Thank you, Anglika.

Some more, please:
    1. Mr. Cheng Ruo Sheng is from Rendeli in FujianTonganCounty at China.
    2. The shop was the agent distributing kerosene, gasoline, cooking oil, and local produce sundries for the distribution of
    3. Mr. Cheng is Mr. Sun Yat-sen's loyal supporter. His contribution to Mr. Sun’s revolutionary activities is enormous.
    4. He was actively responsible in local revolutionary against the Qing dynasty and donation charity so as to recruit Chinese as alliances[don't understand this] . for local revolutionary activities
    5. When he presided in “Perak Daily”, he actively supports to against Yuan Shikai for war to guard homeland. opposed
    6. His sharp and acute political veiws aroused the British collenial Government and caused Mr. Cheng to be expelled from the country. views colonial
    7. In the month of November, 1939, Mr. Cheng Ruo Sheng was sicked and ended his life of seventy years. ????became ill and committed suicide - or became ill and died at the age of 70 ????
    8. Cheng has married three wife with three sons and a daughter. Three wives all at the same time??? or one after the other??? Cheng had three wives OR Cheng was married three times
    9. Mr. Cheng was rested in HokkienCemetery at Gopeng Road. buried
    Mr Cheng died in 1939. Therefore you should not be using "is" in the sentences.

Thank you very much. Anglika.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • (Afan) Oromo
      • Home Country:
      • Aaland
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Mr Cheng died in 1939. Therefore you should not be using "is" in the sentences
    But the fact the he died doesn't change his nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by dihen View Post
    But the fact the he died doesn't change his nationality.
    Indeed not, though technically I think if he is dead, then he was from China.