Please help me

I sat on my suitcase as the Swiss train carried me to a meeting I'd dreamed of for two decades. At the end of the journey waited Anne Frank's father, Otto, with whom I had corresponded since I was fourteen.

I am rephrasing the above highlighted sentence according to my knowledge. Please see whether I am right or wrong.

When the train reached my destination, there Anne Frank's father, Otto, waited for me to receive me, with whom .....................

Am I right?

Please help me.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: Please help me

The 'with whom' part should come earlier IMO.

Re: Please help me

Quote Originally Posted by user_gary View Post
    I sat on my suitcase as the Swiss train carried me to a meeting I'd dreamed of for two decades. At the end of the journey waited Anne Frank's father, Otto, with whom I had corresponded since I was fourteen.

I am rephrasing the above highlighted sentence according to my knowledge. Please see whether I am right or wrong.

When the train reached my destination, there Anne Frank's father, Otto, waited for me to receive me, with whom .....................

Am I right?

Please help me.
    Hello User Gary,

When the train reached my destination, I found Anne Frank's father, Otto, with whom I had corresponded since I was fourteen, waiting to receive me.

Fieldmouse