What is the difference ?

Dear : Teachers and Friends

1/ I dont know what is the difference between "To find out" and "To discover"? Can you make a clear distinction for me? Thanks you alot! Sorry for my bad English..!

Example : (Choose the word which best fits each gap of the sentence)
    Linnaus was the 18th century Swedish naturalist who.......the modern plant classification system.
    a) set up
    b) devised
    c) found out
    d) discovered

2/ The other problem is between "To come out" and "To publish". What is the difference? I think they are the same meaning, arent they?

Thanks all for helping me to solve my problems. Sorry for my bad English. Plz help me ASAP..!

PS: If you have good English guides, can you share to me? I'm very grateful :P

Re: What is the difference ?

If you find out about something, it's because someone told you about it. You either heard it or read it somewhere. To discover something is to find something on your own.

A book can come out (be available to the public), but first it has to be published.

What kind of English guide are you looking for?

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea View Post
    If you find out about something, it's because someone told you about it. You either heard it or read it somewhere. To discover something is to find something on your own.

A book can come out (be available to the public), but first it has to be published.

What kind of English guide are you looking for?

All the best.
    Thanks Casiopea for answering my questions. I want to find some referent tutorials to improve my English such as a GRAMMAR BOOK or ETC...The referent resources at UE.COM are various but i dont like clicking many times to get my neccessary things...Sorry for my bad English..! THANKS U ALOT !

Here's a favorite: Welcome to the OWL at Purdue - The OWL at Purdue Look for Grammar and Mechanics. It's on the right-hand side of the page.

All the best.