1. Unregistered

enquiry

I want to ask a professor, if i can do some practical training for 2 months in his research group, but I don't know how to express the question. Some trials:

I would like to know if you take/allow/want/... students to work in your research group for a practical training/to gain practical experience (for the time of two months).

I would like to work/do a practical training in your research group for two month (beginning in august) and therefore want to ask/enquire if/whether you take/allow students to work with/for you in general.

After this sentence I will explain my reasons for him to "take" me. Is there any other word for take?

Re: enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I want to ask a professor, if i can do some practical training for 2 months in his research group, but I don't know how to express the question. Some trials:

I would like to know if you take/allow/want/are prepared to have students to work in your research group (for the time [a period] of two months) for a practical training/to gain practical experience.
    Of the two, this is the better structure

I would like to work/do a practical training in your research group for two month (beginning in august) and therefore want to ask/enquire if/whether you take/allow students to work with/for you in general.

After this sentence I will explain my reasons for him to "take" me. Is there any other word for take?
    Not really. Maybe you can post what you intend to say and see what we think.