would ever had.......MESSY SENTENCE

I know this sentence is odd but I don't know why (can't find out it). The only thing I know is that it is odd 'cause it is full of mistakes......

Who knows if she, at her first audition in 1970(I mean at the time of/ when she had her first audition........) would have ever imagined (would ever have imagined) to be still acting (I mean to be still an actress) in an important film

I meanbe: when she was young, moving her first steps in the showbiz she surely could not imagine find herself, thirty years later (nowdays) having the leading role in an important film......I mean she has now something not thinkable before, when she was young and had many desires..........

Re: would ever had.......MESSY SENTENCE

Quote Originally Posted by minnie2007 View Post
    I know this sentence is odd but I don't know why (can't find out it). The only thing I know is that it is odd 'cause it is full of mistakes......

Who knows if she, at her first audition in 1970(I mean at the time of/ when she had her first audition........) would have ever imagined (would ever have imagined) to be still acting (I mean to be still an actress) in an important film

I meanbe: when she was young, moving her first steps in the showbiz she surely could not imagine find herself, thirty years later (nowdays) having the leading role in an important film......I mean she has now something not thinkable before, when she was young and had many desires..........
    Let's start by looking at the basic sentence:

Who knows if she, at her first audition in 1970, would have ever imagined to be still acting in an important film

In your explanation you have actually got the answer to your problem:

"Who could know at the time of her first audition in 1970 that thirty years later she would still be acting, with a leading role in an important film."

thanks, sometimes the answer is there but we miss it

Another doubt: my intention is to communicate not the idea of "who could know" , but the idea of her not being in the situation, in 1970, of thinking that evertything would happen thirty years later. ............... it it the same?

I think so - but you can rephrase it as "She did not know/could not have known at the..."

thanks and believe me I feel miserable for not being able to tell you what I exactly mean
    I mean to say: who knows (who can tell), if she at the time of her first audition would imagine that this was the beginning of a growing success. Who knows not if she knew but if she could even imagine such I thing to come true....
    Sorry sorry sorry for asking you something which, by paradox, I am not able to ask!!!!!!!

What about, who knows if she would have ever imagined at the time of her first audition in 1970 that she'd be acting in important films to this (very) day?