hi everyone

my name's TatThang. I'm just a new member. I come from Vietnam. I think that all of you know Vietnam by the War. That's right and i proud to say that people in Vietnam are very friendly. If you have the oppotunities to go around the world. I think you should visit Vietnam because it's a beautiful place.
    I know that website by my friend.
    i really want to improve my English because i want to study abroad.
    i hope all of you and me will become friend and we will help each other to get better and better
    thank you.
    TatThang.

Re: hi everyone

Quote Originally Posted by tatthang View Post
    my name's TatThang. I'm just a new member. I come from Vietnam. I think that all of you know Vietnam by the War. That's right and i proud to say that people in Vietnam are very friendly. If you have the oppotunities to go around the world. I think you should visit Vietnam because it's a beautiful place.
    I know that website by my friend.
    i really want to improve my English because i want to study abroad.
    i hope all of you and me will become friend and we will help each other to get better and better
    thank you.
    TatThang.
    I send you my warm regards and wish you continued success

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Tunisia
      • Current Location:
      • Tunisia

Question Re: hi everyone

My name's TatThang. I'm just a new member. I'am a Vietnamese. I think (that) all of you know Vietnam by the War. That's right, and I'am proud to say that people in Vietnam are very friendly. If you have the oppotunity to go around the world, I think you should visit Vietnam because it's a beautiful place.
    I know this website by my friend.
    I really want to improve my English because I want to study abroad.
    I hope we all become friends and we help each other to get better and better.
    Thank you.
    TatThang.

You're welcome.

Sorry, aous2, but "I come from Vietnam" is perfectly correct.

"I'am a Vietnamese" should be "I'm Vietnamese".

Vietnamese is an adjective so it doesn't need the article "a" -- and when you say "I'm" the apostrophe replaces the"a" in "am".

Hello, TatThang. Good luck learning this language.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Tunisia
      • Current Location:
      • Tunisia

Cool Re: hi everyone

Thank you,
    I like it when people correct my mistakes.

Welcome, tatthang.

Do you have a question for one of our teachers? This is, after all, the Ask a Teacher Forum.

Note to our new members, your contributions are welcome even if you are not a teacher or a native English speaker; however, please remember to state clearly in each thread whether you are a teacher or not. If you fail to do so your contributions, no matter how helpful, will be deleted. The reason being, students who come here to get help with their English or people in general who have questions about using English are expecting to hear from a teacher.