abundant caution, uplinking

It has come to our notice that some of the web site holders are uplinking to our authorised web site and making their advertisement through our result site. Notice is hereby given by way of abundant caution that anybody if found uplinking of web site then such person/institute shall be liable to pay heavy compensation in addition to criminal prosecution

Please explain the highlighted words. [I know the meaning of (abundant, caution) individually but I can't understand when I read as a whole]
    Last edited by user_gary; 20-May-2007 at 06:24.

Re: abundant caution, uplinking

This is a good example of English written by someone not very skilled at it and also how context tells you the meaning:

It has come to our notice that some of the web site holders are uplinking to our authorised web site and making their advertisement through our result site. Notice is hereby given by way of abundant caution that anybody if found uplinking of web site then such person/institute shall be liable to pay heavy compensation in addition to criminal prosecution

The passage is saying that some people who are accessing a website are linking their own websites to it in order to advertise their products. The owners of the website are warning people that anyone doing this without permission is liable to find themselves being prosecuted, and/or paying a fine.