1. Unregistered

pay/pay for

I wanna know

Re: pay/pay for

There are three structures:

1. Pay someone for something; e.g., Pay me for the book.
    2. Pay something for something; e.g., Pay $2 for the book.
    3. Pay for something; e.g., Pay for the book.

Note, pay for has another meaning, to suffer or be punished for;e.g., to pay for one's sins.
    Source pay for - Definitions from Dictionary.com

Harry Smith, since I am unable to PM you, I will post my message to you here.

Advising posters to take English lessons is an inappropriate response. If you don't know the answer to a given poster's question, either ask the poster to clarify the request or do not respond at all.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea View Post
    Harry Smith, since I am unable to PM you, I will post my message to you here.

Advising posters to take English lessons is an inappropriate response. If you don't know the answer to a given poster's question, either ask the poster to clarify the request or do not respond at all.
    Hi, Casiopea!
    You are right! But it wasn't an advising poster. It was just an example how to use "pay for" in a sentence. You have to read it again if you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Hi, Casiopea!
    You are right! But it wasn't an advising poster. It was just an example how to use "pay for" in a sentence. You have to read it again if you can find it.
    If that's the case, I apologize. Having said that though, you need to introduce your examples, please, and explain your examples. That's only fair, right? This is a discussion Forum; talk about your response, explain it; remember your audience. Don't leave it up to the reader to figure out what it is you're trying to contribute. Be kind.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea View Post
    If that's the case, I apologize. Having said that though, you need to introduce your examples, please, and explain your examples. That's only fair, right? This is a discussion Forum; talk about your response, explain it; remember your audience. Don't leave it up to the reader to figure out what it is you're trying to contribute. Be kind.
    ok. I'll try.