1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Unhappy need help

Goodmorning,my name is dinella.last week i passed an enghlish test and i receive the result today.the teacher told me that i have to improve my writting so can you please help me with some advice?he said to me that i have to think in english not in french(i come from a french speaking country).it is the principal cause of my failure on the writting part.Thank you for your help:

Re: need help

Welcome, dinella.

You could try reading more English newspapers, magazines, and popular modern novels. Get a feel for how the writers use English to express their ideas.

Does that help?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Maltese
      • Home Country:
      • Malta
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Re: need help

Quote Originally Posted by dinella View Post
    Good morning, my name is Dinella. Last week I passed an English test and I received/got the result today.The teacher told me that I have to improve my writing, so can you please help me with some advice? He told me that I have to think in English not in French (I come from a French speaking country). It is the principal cause of my failure in the writing part. Thank you for your help:
    Hello Dinella, You always use capital letters for proper names, at the beginning of a sentence and for the word 'I'.