• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Love actually

I am trying to summarize the plot of the movie " Love Actually", but I am not sure if the following sentences sound ok.

1. The movies starts with the situation that is five weeks before Christmas.

2. There are many different couples(??): the prime minister and his secretay; the ( or a) writer and his houemaid; the just married couple and his friend; a British guy and the (?? ) founr American girls.
    ( Is the puntuation right??. Also, do I have to add " the " or " a"??)

3. The main message( or theme) of this movie is that love is an essential part of our lives.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Re: Love actually

Maybe such is better.

1. The movies starts with the episode which happened five weeks before Christmas.

2. There are many different pairs: the prime minister and his secretary; a writer and his housemaid; a newly married couple and their friend; a British guy and four American girls.

3. The main idea of this movie is that love is an essential part of our lives.

Cheers! H.S.
    Last edited by Harry Smith; 01-Jun-2007 at 06:03.

Re: Love actually

Quote Originally Posted by bosun View Post
    I am trying to summarize the plot of the movie " Love Actually", but I am not sure if the following sentences sound ok.

1. The movies starts with the situation [what situation?] that is five weeks before Christmas.

2. There are many different couples(??): the Prime Minister and his secretay; the ( or a) writer and his houemaid; the just married [newly married is the usual phrase] couple and his friend [ does this mean a husband, his wife AND his friend?]; a British guy and the (?? ) founr American girls. [you would need "the" if there were a specific group of girls; no article if it is just four girls]
    ( Is the punctuation right??. Also, do I have to add " the " or " a"??)

3. The main message( or theme) of this movie is that love is an essential part of our lives.
    I'm sure some of these errors are typos, but anyway - all errors marked in red.

I thought the Prime Minister's girl was the girl who brought round the tea?