some questions about the news

Hi, I have some questions about the news:
    Artist unveils $98M diamond skull - CNN.com

1.What do "bad boy" and "it" in the first paragraph mean?
    2.What does "it" in the third paragraph mean? The skull?
    3.What does "it" in "It is not a representation. I wanted it to be real" mean? The skull?
    4.What does "it" in "It feels sort of human and quirky" mean?
    5.I find this sentence "It would be sad it it ends up in a vault somewhere that nobody sees." wrong. Shouldn't this sentence be "It would be sad if it ends up in a vault somewhere that nobody sees the skull."?
    6.What does "it" in "It is art but it is more timeless than contemporary art" mean? If "it" refers to the skull, why does he prefer calling the skull timeless art to contemporary art? What is he getting at?
    7.Could you please explain to me the grammar structure of "-- uplifting, take your breath away"? I don't know how "--" is used in here, and I also don't understand why a present participle(uplifting) is put closely together with a verb(take).
    Thank you.

Re: some questions about the news

Quote Originally Posted by 760831 View Post
    Hi, I have some questions about the news:
    Artist unveils $98M diamond skull - CNN.com

1.What do "bad boy" and "it" in the first paragraph mean? Damien Hirst has made it his business to break the rules in art - and on Friday he again broke the rules = he did it again
    2.What does "it" in the third paragraph mean? The skull? The artist's concepts and theories underlying the physical construct
    3.What does "it" in "It is not a representation. I wanted it to be real" mean? The skull? Yes
    4.What does "it" in "It feels sort of human and quirky" mean? The gap left by the missing tooth makes the skull feel more normal yet unique.
    5.I find this sentence "It would be sad it it ends up in a vault somewhere that nobody sees." wrong. Shouldn't this sentence be "It would be sad if it ends up in a vault somewhere that nobody sees the skull."? The writer of the article has quite probably transcribed Hirst's spoken words badly.
    6.What does "it" in "It is art but it is more timeless than contemporary art" mean? If "it" refers to the skull, why does he prefer calling the skull timeless art to contemporary art? What is he getting at? Art in general
    7.Could you please explain to me the grammar structure of "-- uplifting, take your breath away"? I don't know how "--" is used in here, and I also don't understand why a present participle(uplifting) is put closely together with a verb(take). Since this is a transcription of an interview, the rules of grammar are not applied. It's just the way that Hirst spoke.
    Thank you.