help please

Hi teachers,

Please help me with the following expressions.

1. "Frankly speaking, this shirt is not at all suiting you". Is it a right expression because my trainer has said that native speakers of english never use "Frankly Speaking"?

2. "I've got good muscles & you don't have any". Would it be a right expression to make. My trainer has said that if you say "You don't have any muscle" it is not a complete expression.

3. "Where had you sold these goods" is it wrong?

4. Suppose you are aming at something and that shot is really good, so you say " Wow what an aim" if I don't want to use " What a shot".

5. One girl just passed by & hit the monitor lying on the table so I said " O my god, I thought this monitor will alomost fell down but I hold it". Is this statement right?

6. I was watching "The Vinci Code" & somebody asked me about the story of this movie & I said " The story of this movie is about the heir of the Jesus" is it a correct statement.

Thank you
    Jhon

Re: help please

Quote Originally Posted by jhonsmith1 View Post
    Hi teachers,

Please help me with the following expressions.

1. "Frankly speaking, this shirt is not at all suiting you". Is it a right expression because my trainer [teacher] has said that native speakers of English never use "Frankly Speaking"? On the contrary, they will freely say "Frankly speaking". The rest of the sentence is wrong. The sentence should be "Frankly speaking, that shirt does not suit you".

2. "I've got good muscles & you don't have any". Would it be a right expression to make. My trainer has said that if you say "You don't have any muscle" it is not a complete expression. "I've got good muscles and you don't" is what I would expect to hear.

3. "Where had you sold these goods?" Is it wrong? It is correct, in the right context. It could also be said "Where have you sold those goods?"

4. Suppose you are aming at something and that shot is really good, so you say " Wow what an aim" if I don't want to use " What a shot". "Wow, good shot!"

5. One girl just passed by and knocked the monitor lying on the table so I said " Oh my God, I thought this monitor will alomost fell down but I hold it". Is this statement right? "Oh my God, the monitor almost fell over but at least I held onto it."

6. I was watching "The da Vinci Code" & somebody asked me about the story of this movie & I said " The story of this movie is about the heir of the Jesus." Is it a correct statement sentence? You do not use a definite article with a person's name>> the heir of Jesus. Otherwise it is grammatically correct.

Thank you
    Jhon

Hi there

Thank You so much for this great help.

What I like most about your replies is that you even write the complete question & correct them.

Thank You so much for being so helpful.

Jhon.

You are welcome