Anonymous Guest

Letter of Complaint

Can anyone help me with this letter I am trying to write??

To Whom it may concern:

This is a letter to state our concerns about our recent experience in transitioning our special needs son from preschool to kindergarten. Our experience with the school psychologist at Zuni Hills, Susan Hedges, was very stressful and convoluted. We feel we were not dealt with in an honest and straigtforth manner. The following is a list of our conerns regarding Ms. Hedges' unprofessional manner.
    We were told by Ms. Hedges that the receive special needs Kindergarten teacher at Parkridge could refels to allow us to come and observe the classroom after reading our child's MET report.
    We asked Ms. Hedges that if we felt that the placement for our son was not right, could we move him to another program within one or two months? Her response was that we had to wait at least 6 months to a year. According to the Director of Special Education, Bonnie Light, we were told to wait at least 2 weeks.
    We asked Ms. Hedges if we could bring other people to help us observe the different classroom. We were told yes, but then later said that our son's preschool teacher could not attend stating it was against the school districts policy.
    Ms. Hedges showed unprofessional misconduct with a school staff that we had invited to help us observe the kindergarten classrooms.
    February 24the was the scheduled meeting to discuss the MET results. We did not receive the prior written notice and meeting notice until that day. Ms Hedge hand delivered to me only because I inquired about it.
    The IP meeting was held on April 28the. Again, we did not receive a Prior Written Notice or a Meeting Notice which is required.

We feel like Ms. Hedges allowed her prejudices from the start to complicate and cause undo stress on what should have been a collaborative process to transition our son from preschool to kindergarten. We hope that our insights are unique and not typical for other parents dealing with Susan Hedges. If you would like to discuss in further details the incidents that occurred, please give us a call.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: Letter of Complaint

Quote Originally Posted by apfragoso

To Whom it may concern:

This is a letter to state our concerns about our recent experience in transitioning our special needs son from preschool to kindergarten. Our experience with the school psychologist at Zuni Hills, Susan Hedges, was very stressful and convoluted. We feel we were not dealt with in an honest and straigtforth (I'd say straightforward, but I'm British) manner. The following is a list of our conerns (concerns) regarding Ms. Hedges' unprofessional manner. (I'd use a colon here :)
    We were told by Ms. Hedges that the receive (I'm not quite sure what you mean here- we say reception for the teacher who is the first port of call) special needs Kindergarten teacher at Parkridge could refels (refuse?) to allow us to come and observe the classroom after reading our child's MET report.
    We asked Ms. Hedges that if we felt that the placement for our son was not right, could we move him to another program within one or two months? Her response was that we had to wait at least 6 months to a year. According to the Director of Special Education, Bonnie Light, we were told to wait (told that we would wait 2 weeks?) at least 2 weeks.
    We asked Ms. Hedges if we could bring other people to help us observe the different classroom (do you mean class- the event- or the physical room- if the room, I'd use inspect rather than observe, if you mean the lesson, say observe the class) . We were told yes, but then later said (informed) that our son's preschool teacher could not attend stating (I'd change state to 'as') it was against the school district's policy.
    Ms. Hedges showed unprofessional misconduct with a school staff (staff member) that we had invited to help us observe the kindergarten classrooms.
    February 24th was the scheduled meeting to discuss the MET results. We did not receive the prior written notice and meeting notice until that day. Ms Hedge hand delivered to me only because I inquired about it.
    The IP meeting was held on April 28the. Again, we did not receive a Prior Written Notice or a Meeting Notice which is required.

We feel like Ms. Hedges allowed her prejudices from the start to complicate and cause undo stress on what should have been a collaborative process to transition our son from preschool to kindergarten. We hope that our insights are unique and not typical for other parents dealing with Susan Hedges. If you would like to discuss in further details the incidents that occurred, please give us a call.
    I've put a few comments, but I've run out of time. I'll be back later to finish it properly. Sorry- I have to rush.

apfragoso Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    Quote Originally Posted by apfragoso

To Whom it may concern:fh

This is a letter to state our concerns about our recent experience in transitioning our special needs son from preschool to kindergarten. Our experience with the school psychologist at Zuni Hills, Susan Hedges, was very stressful and convoluted. We feel we were not dealt with in an honest and straigtforth (I'd say straightforward, but I'm British) manner. ok...[/b] The following is a list of our concerns (concerns) regarding Ms. Hedges' unprofessional manner. (I'd use a colon here :)
    We were told by Ms. Hedges that the receiving The teacher is the teacher who is going to be receiving the child this coming year.(I'm not quite sure what you mean here- we say reception for the teacher who is the first port of call) special needs Kindergarten teacher at Parkridge could refels (refuse?) yes, refuse... to allow us to come and observe the classroom after reading our child's MET report.
    We asked Ms. Hedges that if we felt that the placement for our son was not right, could we move him into another program within one or two months? Her response was that we had to wait at least 6 months to a year. According to the Director of Special Education, Bonnie Light, we were told to wait (told that we would wait 2 weeks?) at least 2 weeks.
    We asked Ms. Hedges if we could bring other people to help us observe the different classroom (do you mean class- the event- or the physical room- if the room, I'd use inspect rather than observe, if you mean the lesson, say observe the class) . observe the class. We were told yes, but then later said (informed) that our son's preschool teacher could not attend stating (I'd change state to 'as') it was against the school district's policy.
    Ms. Hedges showed unprofessional misconduct with a school staff (staff member) that we had invited to help us observe the kindergarten classrooms.
    February 24th was the scheduled meeting to discuss the MET results. We did not receive the prior written notice and meeting notice until that day. Ms Hedge hand delivered to me only because I inquired about it.

I've put a few comments, but I've run out of time. I'll be back later to finish it properly. Sorry- I have to rush.
    does this letter even make sense??? It seems too vague.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    It trails off badly towards the end.

GordonScobie Guest

You need to plan the content of the letter.

First of all start with a blank sheet of paper and write a single sentence for each point that you want to make. Each paragraph of the letter should cocentrate on one main point.

You should start with a concise introduction. followed by a paragraph for each point.

You should also be clear about the purpose of the letter - and state what you want done to remedy the situation.

Hope that this helps.

Regards

Red5 is offline Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Welcome to the forum Gordon!
    I'm not a teacher, so please consider any advice I give in that context.

GordonScobie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Red5
    Welcome to the forum Gordon!
    Red5 - Thank you. I found your site from your posting on Usenet. The site is quite interesting and well executed. Congratulations to you and your colleague(s)!. You might want to have a look at our site: www.the-english-service.co.uk

Regards

Gordon Scobie
    www.the-english-service.co.uk

Red5 is offline Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Thanks!

Do feel free to add it to our links directory: https://www.usingenglish.com/links/, possibly in https://www.usingenglish.com/links/B...s_And_Resumes/
    I'm not a teacher, so please consider any advice I give in that context.

GordonScobie Guest
    Hello,

Thanks..

I have added a link. We are in the process of developing a list of links for each client group that we serve - and will - when this is in place include: www.usingenglish.com

Regards

Gordon Scobie

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

We feel that Ms. Hedges allowed her prejudices from the start to complicate and cause undo stress on what should have been a collaborative process to transition our son from preschool to kindergarten. We hope that our insights are unique and not typical of other parents dealing with Susan Hedges. If you would like to discuss in further details the incidents that occurred, please give us a call.