• Post Thanks / Like

Could somebody check this, please?

Problems of the modern world

One of the most serious problems facing the world today is poverty. There are not only third-world-countries affected in this problem, but also industrial countries like the United States of America or China.
    Many reasons led to this problem. On the one hand, I think the unjust appropriation of money between the rich and the poor people contributes to this problem. Like everybody knows, the gap between the rich and the others become greater and greater.
    There are a lot of foundations who fight against this problem, but they cannot battle alone. Governments of rich countries should also be more involved in the fight against poverty.
    On the other hand there are problems like a bad climate which causes harvest losses, criminality and donít forget natural disasters.
    Personally, I donít like the imagination of being a poor guy who has nothing to eat or has to sleep on the street, so I am really sad thinking about people in third-world-countries.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could somebody check this, please?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisieck View Post
    Problems of the modern world

One of the most serious problems facing the world today is poverty. There are not only third-world-countries Third World countries affected in by this problem, but also industrial countries like the United States of America or China.
    Many reasons led to this problem. On the one hand, I think the unjust appropriation of money between the rich and the poor people contributes to this problem. Like everybody knows, the gap between the rich and the others become greater and greater. You start off saying many reasons and "on the one hand", but then only present one reason - what are the others that ought to be mentioned?
    There are a lot of foundations who fight against this problem, but they cannot battle alone. Governments of rich countries should also be more involved in the fight against poverty.
    On the other hand there are problems like a bad climate which causes harvest losses, criminality and donít forget natural disasters.This paragraph should go with the one above that I queried.
    Personally, I donít like the imagination [thought] of being a poor guy who has nothing to eat or has to sleep on the street, so I am really sad thinking about people in third-world-countries.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

• Post Thanks / Like

Hope it helped

• Post Thanks / Like

Today was my FCE-examination and I hope I did well, but I have a good feeling.