1. olgakim

Red face how to say better?

Dear forum users, I write a very important letter to my future employee. Could you please help me to formulate two sentences better? It is extremely important for me.

I have a big interest to the research in the field of materials design for turbines. I have studied deeply the physics of metals, ceramic materials, surface phenomena as well as manufacturing first in Institute of Steel and Alloys in Moscow, then in RWTH-Aachen. As a student worker I took a part in the project about long fibre reinforced NIAl by Materials Chemistry department in RWTH where I measured the film adhesion strength with four-point bending tests, had praxis in metallography and SEM measurements.

I will really appreciate you help!
    Thank you in advance
    Olga

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: how to say better?

Quote Originally Posted by olgakim View Post
    Dear forum users, I write a very important letter to my future employee. Could you please help me to formulate two sentences better? It is extremely important for me.

I am very interested in the research field of materials design for turbines.
    I have studied in depth the physics of metals, ceramic materials, surface phenomena and manufacturing; first in the Institute of Steel and Alloys in Moscow and subsequently at RWTH-Aachen. As a student I was involved in a project concerning long fibre reinforced NIAl with the Materials Chemistry department in RWTH, where I gained experience measuring film adhesion strength using four-point bending tests, I also have experience in metallography and SEM measurements.

I will really appreciate you help!
    Thank you in advance
    Olga
    I assume the reader of your letter will be familiar with your abbreviations (RWTH,SEM NIAI) if not it is better to use the full term. I don't know what they mean.

Anyway,I hope this helps

Re: how to say better?

Dear Olga,

It looks to me as if you were writing to your future employer, rather that employee. Am I wrong?

Trisia