What does "with or without poachers" mean?

Hi, I am new here.

I would love to find out, what "with or without poachers" means or might mean. I haven't been able to find it anywhere, maybe it is not usual phrase... I welcome all suggestions...

Thank you!

Re: What does "with or without poachers" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Mejdlinka View Post
    Hi, I am new here.

I would love to find out, what "with or without poachers" means or might mean. I haven't been able to find it anywhere, maybe it is not usual phrase... I welcome all suggestions...

Thank you!
    Do not have a freakin' idea, without any context

Sorry, it would have been hard for me to try to explain the context, but I didn't want to post the whole thing as well....
    But here it is, hope it helps...

“I was going to head to Blacksburg, teach Mattie how to fly ‘Sarah’, but she has plans with Tom.” It’s a bit sad to see that, after I spent so much time with the girl, I had to go back to status quo. But, I learned a lot from Mattie. Well, maybe not learned, but it showed me that there was nothing wrong with telling people how you feel. Now, the problem is that I feel so much for the woman across from me and I am not entirely sure how to tell her without making her run off.
    Though I knew she was busy, Mac still took the time and interest in the aspects of my life. She sat down in one of the guest chairs and teased. “With our without poachers?”
    “Hah. . . without, thank you. I am getting too old for harrowing experiences, besides I need a Marine not a teen to survive them.”

Thank you !!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I'm sorry, I still have no idea what this means.
    A poacher is someone who takes what doesn't belong to them. If you are talking about love, it can mean someone who tries to steal another person's boyfriend/girlfriend. Does that make any sense in the context of the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    I'm sorry, I still have no idea what this means.
    A poacher is someone who takes what doesn't belong to them. If you are talking about love, it can mean someone who tries to steal another person's boyfriend/girlfriend. Does that make any sense in the context of the book?

Thank you for your effort, that is the problem, I know what a poarcher means... but it does not make any sense.. It is pretty much out of the blue...
    Still thank you very much :)

My reading of this is that there is something to do with poaching someone's girl/boyfriend in this reference. What is the book?