Ludmila

Hello there, I would like to ask if it is good English to say " Thank you for your patience and understanding" to apologize for something,
    thank you,
    Ludmila

Re: Ludmila

I am not so sure. Can you tell us what do you want to apologize for?
    This way you are not apologizing, but just thanking someone, although it might be possible to interpret it as an apology in a certain context. So give us yours!

Regards,
    Jason

Hello again, I heard that in a Czech plane when the flight was delayed and then again read it in an email where the writer was thanking for understanding to a man who bought something from him on EBay and the writer never sent the item to him,
    thank you again,
    Ludmila

That makes it clear. Would you use something like that when you are apologizing, even in your language, as a finishing line of an excuse, or on the other hand, as a stand-alone sentence?

For instance:

We are apologizing for the inconvenience. While you are waiting for your delayed flight, you can get a beverage in one of Heathrow's coffee shops.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

So, as you see, it is usually part of an excuse, but when you put it alone, it can be interpreted in many ways.

Does that help?

Hello and thank you, yes, it does now
    Ludmila