Helpme in writing letter to School Principal

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojkol61

Member Type
Other
Dear Sir/Madam,
Kindly guide me i need to write a letter to School Principal to promote my child from junior KG to Senior KG, since he has already covered the topics which is now in Junior KG in his previous School & now he got admitted to that school from his previous Montessori school. On the basis of his date of birth he got admission in junior KG in the new school.
After taking admission & when my child start going to new school and when we have gone through the books of junior KG we found he has already cover that topics in his previous school.
I want to request the principal to take the written/oral interview for senior KG.
Even my child feel bore to go through the same topics which he has covered in previous school.
Please help me in writing,my english is not so good.

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I think you should write the letter here first.

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This matter might be handled best by a face-to-face meeting with the principal. Perhaps you should write a brief letter to him requesting a meeting to discuss your child at his earliest convenience.

When you do meet with the principal, it might help to prepare a written list of the reasons that you believe your child should be promoted. The principal won't mind if you refer to notes during your meeting, and this will prevent you from forgetting to mention something important (people get nervous during meetings sometimes and forget what they wanted to say).

manojkol61

Member Type
Other
I think you should write the letter here first.
Respected Madam,
I am writing to request you that my son Nikal Gupta studying in Mont II -C at your esteemed Lawerence School has covered all those topics in Junior KG while he was in Tender Heart, Dehradun.
He has appeared for Interview at JD Birla Foundation School ( ICSE Board), Dehradun and was selected for Upper KG for the session 2007-08. I am doing job in mumbai so i relocated my family here . He got admission in Mont - II in your school on the basis of his date of birth which is 18th Febuary 2003.
After going through the books of Mont -II we found he has already covered all these portions in Junior KG there.
He knows & can write A-Z , 1 - 90 , small addition & can write his own name & some 3 letter words like Cat ,Dog,etc .
He Knows name of some Animals ,Vegetables ,Fruits , Flower , Shapes & color.
We spoke to kusam madam around 3 months back & she took written test for Mont III.My son did not write much in the written examination inspite of knowing it. Kusum madam told us to retain him in Mont -II only on the basis of examination. We argeed upon her.
Now at home my child don't feel like writing the same alphabet A B C & word 1-10 again & again , which he has done several times for the last 1 year in his previous school.
It is our humble request to you to give my child one more chance to appear for examination for Mont-III.

ThankingYou,
Yours Faithfully,
Rohan Gupta

Please go through the letter & makes the necessary corrections

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hi manojkol61:

I am very sorry that I didn't see your letter earlier. Actually your letter is quite good and, if you already sent it, the person who reads it will understand it quite easily. However, I will still give you some suggestions for improving it.

1...In your first sentence, you are not requesting anything; you are offering information. So saying, 'I am writing to inform you that.......' would be more correct. However, that sounds a bit harsh, so you can say something like 'I am writing this letter to express my concern that my son Nikal Gupta........'. Your last sentence is a request and is a good sentence.
2...'I am working in Mumbai so....'
3...You should capitalize names of places (Mumbai) and people (Kusam Madam). Is it Kusam Madam or Madam Kusam?
4...Do not capitalize words like "cat, dog, animals, vegetables, fruits", unless they are beginning sentences.
5...'We spoke to Kusam Madam around three months ago and she gave him a written test for Mont III.'
6...'We agreed to (follow) her suggestion.' (Maybe you didn't agree with her suggestion, but you agreed to follow it.)
7...'Now at home my child doesn't feel like writing....'
8...'...again and again,...'

Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.