Results 1 to 2 of 2

    • Join Date: Jul 2007
    • Posts: 3

    Question chin strap and ???


    I'm looking for a word:

    When wearing a helmet there is a strap, generally called "chin strap" you have to attach. There are 2 kinds:
    • if it is to be fitted on the chin, it's a chinstrap
    • if it is to be fitted under the head/chin, how do you call it? Would Throat strap be ok?
    If both are call chinstrap, how do you make the difference?

    Last edited by Cromag; 13-Jul-2007 at 09:16.

    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,434

    Re: chin strap and ???

    It is always a chinstrap, whether the strap goes over the point of the chin or under the chin.

    The throat is the front part of the neck.

Similar Threads

  1. chin up
    By user_gary in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-Feb-2007, 10:30
  2. chin down
    By sadry in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-Aug-2005, 03:32


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts