had only just returned

As a part of the adventures, Hercules killed a seven-headed monster, captured a stag known for its swiftness and a wild boar known for its strengthness.
    Eurystheus then thought of a very difficult -- nearly impossible task. He asked Hercules to bring the golden apples from the garden of the Hesperides.
    The Hesperides were three beautiful maidens whose was to gaurd the tree bearing the golden apples presented by Jupiter to the queen of th gods. The maidens were assisted in their task by a huge, hideous dragon.

It was a dangerous task, and the distance was great, for the apples grew in that far-off Africa from which Hercules had only just returned. But with a brave heart, not giving himself one day's rest, he set forth again to do his duty.

Rephrase the coloured parts in simple English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Re: had only just returned

Quote Originally Posted by viet_ghat View Post
    As a part of the adventures, Hercules killed a seven-headed monster, captured a stag known for its swiftness and a wild boar known for its strengthness.
    Eurystheus then thought of a very difficult -- nearly impossible task. He asked Hercules to bring the golden apples from the garden of the Hesperides.
    The Hesperides were three beautiful maidens whose was to gaurd the tree bearing the golden apples presented by Jupiter to the queen of th gods. The maidens were assisted in their task by a huge, hideous dragon.

It was a dangerous task, and the distance was great, for the apples grew in that far-off Africa from which Hercules had only just returned. But with a brave heart, not giving himself one day's rest, he set forth again to do his duty.

Rephrase the coloured parts in simple English.
    As(because) the apples grew in that African far-away country where Hercules had just come back from.

where Hercules had just come back from.
    I can't understand this part.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by viet_ghat View Post
    I can't understand this part.
    OK! From where Hercules had come back. Is it clear now?

3. burro

It was a dangerous task, and the distance was great, because the apples grew in Africa and Hercules had very recently returned from there.

So, he would have to go back to Africa again.

Similar:

Hercules: (returning from the supermarket. The telephone rings.) Hi, Herc here.

Hercules' mum: Hello dear, listen when you go to the supermarket could you pick up a few apples for me?

Hercules: Aw, Mum, why didn't you phone me earlier. I've only just returned/got back from the supermarket. Now I'll have to go all the way back again!

Hercules' mum: ("Click!")