1. Unregistered

Question becoming fluent in Eglish language

how can i become fluent in English language.I seem to forget my vocabularies,makes me use alot of cliches when conversating.any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

Re: becoming fluent in Eglish language

Repetition is the mother of skill.

Madox

thanks maddox.can you please specify how exactly you mean by repeatition

that you need to look at those words over and over again, so you know them very well after some time, and you'll never forget those words anymore.

Success

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    how can i become fluent in English language.I seem to forget my vocabularies,makes me use alot of cliches when conversating.any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi

You can`t expect to get fluency by asking or simply speaking English. I have been learning and studying English for many, many years, I graduated two colleges [ a faculty and a college] specialized in English language and culture, I have been teaching English for many years now, and still not a professional.
    Learning English or any other foreign language implies a long process. First you need to acquire English basic grammar, vocabulary and sentence structure. I cannot offer you a short or easy answer because fluency requires years of practice. My best English teacher used to say that one could become fluent by living in the language : studying it hard, shopping in it, etc. but this is not always possible.
    My advice :
    a] read as much as possible ; newspaper articles, books, websites.
    b listen to English native speakers, audio tapes or CDs.
    c] try to talk with English natives if possible

All the best

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

hi,
    Solutions:

1. If you can not succeed by yourself, you have to contact somebody who speaks this language accurately.

2 You have to study books, first grammar books( beginner, then elementary, intermediate and so on) in order to understand grammar rules such as the use of tenses - present simple, present continuous etc, end then literary books: novels, short stories, poems etc.

3. Try to find somebody who is in the same situation as you, and together you will succeed easily.

4. You have to find motivations, reasons: why you want to learn a foreign language( school curriculum, advancement in position, to know the culture of the country whose language you are studing.)?

5. Advice: In learning a foreing language you will often tend to give up because you may meet difficulties such as the learning of the tenses - English tenses have different forms ( see-saw-seen) or learning question forms may also cause problems because of the word order etc( English uses inversion in building up question forms.

6 If you have difficulties in learning English language, feel free and ask questions within this forum, and I am sure that somebody will answer you, too.

I hope it helps,

best wishes,

Madox