Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 8
    #1

    It would be a good idea if you took an umbrella

    Hi guys. I am new here and I want your help regarding this sentence. If I am going to rewrite the sentence using the given word had better. I must not alter the given word. Please give me some advise.

  2. Harry Smith's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 2,932
    #2

    Re: It would be a good idea if you took an umbrella

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
    Hi guys. I am new here and I want your help regarding this sentence. If I am going to rewrite the sentence using the given word had better. I must not alter the given word. Please give me some advise.

    Welcome to the forum.
    You had better take an umbrella.

  3. Newbie
    Student or Learner

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 8
    #3

    Re: It would be a good idea if you took an umbrella

    thank you, sir!

  4. Newbie
    Student or Learner

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 8
    #4

    Re: It would be a good idea if you took an umbrella

    Sir, how about these sentences? I need to Complete the sentences with the correct tense of the verb in brackets. Thank you for your help.


    1. You can tell this car _________ recently _________ (bring) from Germany.

    2. The chief executive said (say) that the new formula ___________(improve) and ____________ (sell) shortly.

  5. Harry Smith's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 2,932
    #5

    Re: It would be a good idea if you took an umbrella

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
    Sir, how about these sentences? I need to Complete the sentences with the correct tense of the verb in brackets. Thank you for your help.


    1. You can tell this car _________ recently _________ (bring) from Germany.

    2. The chief executive said (say) that the new formula ___________(improve) and ____________ (sell) shortly.
    Is it a hometask?

  6. Newbie
    Student or Learner

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 8
    #6

    Re: It would be a good idea if you took an umbrella

    No sir, I am just making exercises and looking for second opinion. Just want to know if my answers are right.


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,434
    #7

    Re: It would be a good idea if you took an umbrella

    How about you say what you would use and let us respond?

  7. Newbie
    Student or Learner

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 8
    #8

    Re: It would be a good idea if you took an umbrella

    I want you to correct me madam because I am confused with the tenses.

    1. The chief executive said that the new formula had improved and had been sold shortly.

    2. You can tell this car has recently been brought from Germany.

  8. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,551
    #9

    Re: It would be a good idea if you took an umbrella

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
    I want you to correct me madam because I am confused with the tenses.

    1. The chief executive said that the new formula had improved and had been sold shortly.

    2. You can tell this car has recently been brought from Germany.
    Say:
    I am confused about the tenses.
    (Question answered on another thread.)

    ~R

Similar Threads

  1. good with and good about
    By silviasabater_2000 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-Sep-2006, 10:42
  2. degree of Adverb + good
    By spoon in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-Jun-2006, 18:32
  3. i have a good idea to improve your writing by a fun methode
    By brahimsoft in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-Dec-2005, 18:30
  4. good for II
    By navi tasan in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-Oct-2003, 13:17

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •