1. Renzo Tejada

Smile I need some help with idioms

Hello... I'm from Peru, in South America and I'm a teacher of English... I'm preparing a workshop for teacher, for our annual teacher's convention, and I need to have a list of the top ten idioms.. the ones more commonly used...I have many idioms, and I've been doing some research... I already have a list, but I need to have different lists so as to come up with the best one.....!
    I don't know if you have any ideas..... Thanks....!!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: I need some help with idioms

There is no best idiom. (Different ones are used to say different things. How could one be best?) There are, undoubtedly, some that are used more often than others. Perhaps someone has done a study on that. I don't know. I do know that there are quite a few idiomatic expressions, and, starting from scratch, it would take quite a while to determine which are used most often.

~R

Smile Re: I need some help with idioms

Thanks... but I'm not really looking for the best idioms... I know there isn't such thing... I just wnat to get people to give me a list of the idioms they hear more often or the ones they used more often... so I can come up with a real list by looking at the idioms which appear in the list the most.
    thanks anyway

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: I need some help with idioms

Suggestions are free (in blue).

Quote Originally Posted by renzot25 View Post
    Thanks... but I'm not really looking for the best idioms... I know there isn't such thing... I just wnat to get people to give me a list of the idioms they hear more often or the ones they used more often... so I can come up with a real list by looking at the idioms which appear in the list the most. thanks anyway
    Thanks, but I'm not really looking for the best idioms. I know there isn't such a thing. I just wnat to get people to give me a list of the idioms they hear most often or the ones they use most often so I can come up with a real list by studying the idioms that appear that appear most frequently. Thanks anyway.
    (I reread your posting, and I realize that I took "top ten" to mean best.)

~R