• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Smile Justify my package

I want to justify my point of asking more salary before employer. At the same time
    I don’t want to mention any particular amount. I would be thankful if you would correct my conversation

How much of salary do you expect?

I am expecting a decent salary from you. As you know the cost of living in Dubai. Hence I would like get an accommodation from you or more allowance for that including the salary.

I will offer you Dhs……… is it ok to you?

Definitely but this included my Accommodation allowance or do you give me a accommodation?

No No your salary including your accomadation.

I don’t think I can manage with this salary (Give me some polite words). Consider my salary little more.

See Mr…., we thing it’s a good salary for a fresh candidate in dubai.

But you should consider my experience in India. I have been as an accountant in India for the past 5 years, Accounting procedures do not change when we for India as compared to U.A.E. I don’t want to compensate my salary instead of my experience…

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Justify my package

Sureshfina,
    Are you just practicing your English, or are you preparing for a real conversation?

Is it common in Dubai to have the company provide you with housing? Is it common to receive a salary, and then in addition to that, a separate allowance for housing?

Understanding your real purpose and more about the actual situation will help with corrections.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Smile Re: Justify my package

Of course, what you are saying is correct. But last time I visited their, I had had to answer these types of questions. As you know, the present position, most of the executives there are staying with their own cost. Employers have plenty of options and we are in a position to contest with different nationalities and different efficient persons in the job market. In fact, I had number of bargainings for these issues in my last trip of course not only me some other of my friends in the job market. When we talk about these issues, our experience and fluency level are taken in to consideration and we are underestimated by them to reduce the scale. That is why I m practicing these kind of conversations and I hope this will help the real environment. not only me, I Hope this thread will help some of my friends….. Cas, Ron...and some of my best teachers helping me for my process. i would be thankful to them.

Thanks a lot

When negotiating your salary, you must have a clear idea of what you expect and what is likely to be offered by the employer.

If possible, you need to establish before the interview if the employment contract includes accommodation or not. You also need to establish what other benefits are included [particularly those for health].

If asked "What salary do you expect?", you need to have a figure to state - probably above what you expect to get. You need to be able to justify this figure - your previous salary, your previous experience, the current cost of living in Dubai, and your work record are all factors.

If accommodation and health care are not part of the package, you must make sure that these are taken into account when assessing how much you require in order to live in Dubai.

Try rewriting your dialogue to answer these questions:

You know that there are many possible candidates. What are you offering that means we should consider you for this job?

Well, Mr xxx, we think you have the qualifications we require, and we would like to offer you the post. What kind of figure had you in mind for salary?

How do you justify this level of salary?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by sureshfina View Post
    That is why I m practicing these kind of conversations and I hope this will help the real environment.
    This is very smart! Especially if you are practicing saying it out loud. It makes you feel more empowered emotionally, in addition to practicing the words themselves.

Nothing helps justify things like facts. If you know the costs of typical apartments in the area (compared to where you used to live), that will help.

By no means should the fact that you are new in that region take away from the experience you gained somewhere else. You can state firmly "I have five years of accounting experience, which is immediately applicable to the current position."

Good luck!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Smile Re: Justify

Try rewriting your dialogue to answer these questions:

You know that there are many possible candidates. What are you offering that means we should consider you for this job?

I am Sorry; I am unable to understand the complete meaning of this question. But I will try
    Answer: of course you have many possible candidates. I would like a salary of ….
    I think I am asking a package what others are offering in U.A.E

Well, Mr xxx, we think you have the qualifications we require, and we would like to offer you the post. What kind of figure had you in mind for salary?

Answer: you know what other employers offering to accountants. I had an idea of asking……. from you. Hope you won’t think it’s a much

Answer : I will say firmly (as my teachers told) I have five years of accounting experience, which is immediately applicable to the current position. as you know accountants those can able to compleate up to finalization are getting. I think I can do that. Hence I am expecting ….. from you

Kindly let me know that weather I am going to the right track

Thanks a lot

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Justify

This question is about your qualifications, not about your salary expectations.

You need to respond what your experience and what makes you a good choice for this position. Something like "I have five years of experience in a similar position so I can come up to speed very quickly. I work independenly, and the accuracy of my work is a point of pride for me."

Or whatever you want to say. This is about YOU and why they should hire YOU. We can't really help you with that.

Answer: you know what other employers offering to accountants. I had an idea of asking……. from you. Hope you won’t think it’s a much

NO NO NO! This is where you need facts. "My understanding is that mid-level accountants in this area can expect a salary of X." If you don't know what they make in that area, then figure out what you need to live on - what do you need so you can have a place to live, pay your expenses, have enough left over, etc., and ask for that. There's no point in accepting a salary that won't allow you to live!

NEVER say "I hope that's not too much" - that sounds like you don't think you're worth it and OF COURSE they will respond with "Oh, that's more than we were planning. I hope you'll consider Y" which will be much lower than what you just named!

Answer : I will say firmly (as my teachers told) I have five years of accounting experience, which is immediately applicable to the current position. - Good. Restate your skills, qualification, etc., and why you are good for the company.

as you know accountants those can able to compleate up to finalization are getting. I don't understand what this means.

I think I can do that. Hence I am expecting ….. from you