I'm again back to trouble you
Please tell me what the equivalent for the description below is?
1. A handkerchief that you put over a pot (cooking utensils) in order to block exit of steam and to reach the last stage of cooking under the action of steam. Do you use handkerchief or there is another word? This will depend on how you cook. In most American and European kitchens, a pan will have a lid made of the same material as the pan, or of glass. There is a method of cooking rice in which a cloth is used to cover the pan.
Handkerchief is specifically the small cloth you carry in order to blow or wipe your nose.
2. what's the word for reaching the last stage of cooking under the action of steam I am not aware of a specific term.
3. What's do you say when your bicycle's chain come down? for example your friend come and say can i have your bicycle and you say sorry it's ...... ; you (I) should repair it "the chain has come off"
4. Do you use "Change gear" for turning from 1 To 2 Or 2 To 3 in cars? For example, I was driving with gear 1 so the enginge heated quickly, or you might say to driver go to gear four You say "change up" [1>2>3>45] or "change down" [5>4>3>2>1] or "change gear".
5. A place where just bicycles are repaired (nothing else repaired)? Bicycle repair shop
6. A place where just motorcycles are repaired (nothing else repaired)? Motorcycle repair shop
7. A place where just cars are repaired (nothing else repaired)? garage/service centre/service shop.
Student or Learner