• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

sores

What´s the difference between gumboils and canker sores?

Re: sores

"Gumboil" = a boil or abscess on the gums

"Canker sores" = shallow, painful sores in the mouth. They are usually red or may sometimes have a white coating over them. You might get them on the inside of your lips, the insides of your cheeks, the base of your gums or under your tongue.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

How about if I bite my inner lip, would I get canker sores? For I tend to bite my inner lip almost everytime I eat and I get this white sore(?).... Is that it?

Generally both of these are a sign that your immune system is low. If you constantly bite your inner lip, and you are not physically fit, you may well develop a sore. Generally cuts in the mouth heal quickly, so if you are having trouble, you really do need to see a doctor.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Is it quite big? For my cuts are generally small, a little bigger than that made of a needle. It they last for 3-5 days, is it long enough? Anglika, could you send me a picture of these please? Thanks.

Google "canker sores" and click on "images". But really you are not wise to try to self-diagnose from pictures! And this is getting a long way from English questions.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

I can´t use ¨Google images¨ here, sorry, I forgot to tell you. The management has blocked it for there are some that has searched for obscene images before that´s why. And I´m not allowed to web browse too, only English sites, Dictionaries... are allowed, those that could aid us at work.

Post Re: sores

well me too... they blocked those sites.. but the good thing is, i found this forum... Angelika, I often bite my lower lip, is that mean that my immune system is low?? does it make sense?
    maybe, If it occurs naturally, it shows that your immune system is low.. but if you accidentally bite it, the effect will be sore.. is that right?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by erlyne View Post
    well me too... they blocked those sites.. but the good thing is, i found this forum... Angelika, I often bite my lower lip, is that mean that my immune system is low?? does it make sense?
    maybe, If it occurs naturally, it shows that your immune system is low.. but if you accidentally bite it, the effect will be sore.. is that right?
    I think that´s not what Anglika means. If you bite your lower lip often doesn´t mean that your immune system is low.

If your immune system is low, you are most likely to have canker sores, especially if you cut your inner lips.

Post Re: sores

Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    I think that´s not what Anglika means. If you bite your lower lip often doesn´t mean that your immune system is low.

If your immune system is low, you are most likely to have canker sores, especially if you cut your inner lips.

Ah... okie.. i get it... hehehe... tnx!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast