• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Smile Ratatoquille:

I read a childrenīs book of Ratatoquille just a moment ago. Let me sum it up to you:
    (Please check it I commit errors. I do make a lot somehow.)

Ratatoquille:
    The book starts with the picture of Remy. He is not a man by the way but a rat, a totally ambitious rat. His work is smelling garbage making sure that they are safe and edible for his fellow rats. But he doesnīt like his job, he is unsatisfied. He wants to smell and eat good food. He would dream at times cooking good food himself.

One day he decisively jumped up his bad and went to the kitchen, with his fellows, and attempted to smell some spices. Many deterred him but he is unstoppable so they just went and followed after him. While close to his purpose, the old lady of the house suddenly woke up and run after all of them. Carrying a broom in her hand, she chased all the rats off the house. The rats scattered in fear but Remy was left and took a cookbook from the house. He then finally went after the pack, but he got left behind at the end.

The story then turns to Remy getting himself in France. Strolling, he ended in a restaurant whose pictures is in his cookbook. He took a peek and saw on guy, named Linguini, a newbie chef struggling to make a good meal. Remy entered the kitchen but later on found by a crew but before the leaving the room, he finished the meal Linguini was cooking.
    (The story then between the two friends begins.)

It would be a long one I guess, so I just stop here.
    Please tell me if you have better words to change in my story.
    Thank you very much.

Re: Ratatoquille:

So nice
    Thanks for the summary
    I don't know the story
    But not after this summary

Thanks again

I.A
    Last edited by Veron1; 31-Aug-2007 at 14:59.

Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    I read a childrenīs book of Ratatoquille just a moment ago. Let me sum it up to you:
    (Please check it I commit errors. I do make a lot somehow.)

Ratatoquille:
    The book starts with the picture of Remy. He is not a man by the way but a rat, a totally ambitious rat. His work is smelling garbage making sure that they [garbage is not plural] are safe and edible for his fellow rats. But he doesnīt like his job, he is unsatisfied. He wants to smell and eat good food. He would dream at times cooking good food himself.

One day he decisively jumped up [??onto/from] his bad and went to the kitchen, with his fellows, and attempted to smell some spices. Many deterred him but he is unstoppable so they just went and followed after [you only need one verb here] him. While close to his purpose, the old lady of the house suddenly woke up and run [tense] after all of them. Carrying a broom in her hand, she chased all the rats off the house. The rats scattered in fear but Remy was left and took a cookbook from the house. He then finally went after the pack, but he got left behind at the end. [unecessary]

The story then turns to Remy getting himself in France. Strolling, he ended in a restaurant whose pictures is in his cookbook. He took a peek and saw on guy, named Linguini, a newbie chef struggling to make a good meal. Remy entered the kitchen but later on found by a crew but before the leaving the room, [and before being chased out again] he finished the meal Linguini was cooking. ,

Thank you very much.
    Watch your tenses, and agreement in number between subject and verb.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Incidentally, it's "Ratatouille" - you (or someone else) supplied the q to make it pronounceable as if it were an English word; but it's the name of a French dish - ratatouille: Definition and Much More from Answers.com .

b

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

This is the revised version: I hope itīs good now.

Ratatouille:
    The book starts with the picture of Remy. He is not a man by the way but a rat, a totally ambitious rat. His work is smelling garbage making sure that it is safe and edible for his fellow rats. But he doesnīt like his job, he is unsatisfied. He wants to smell and eat good food. He would dream at times cooking good food himself.

One day he decisively jumped from his bed and went to the kitchen, with his fellows, and attempted to smell some spices. Many deterred him but he is unstoppable so they just followed after him. While close to his purpose, the old lady of the house suddenly woke up and ran after all of them. Carrying a broom in her hand, she chased all the rats off the house. The rats scattered in fear but Remy was left and took a cookbook from the house. He then finally went after the pack, but he got left behind.

The story then turns to Remy getting himself on France. Strolling, he ended in a restaurant whose pictures are in his cookbook. He took a peek and saw a guy named Linguini, a newbie chef struggling to make a good meal. Remy entered the kitchen but later on found by a crew but before the leaving the room, and before being chased out again he finished the meal Linguini was cooking...

Thank you very much.