can you correct my report, please?

The aim of this report is to describe and assess the factors which affect the learning of foreign languages, written at the request of the educational committee.
    I asked a sample of 300 students just three questions. What do you think about teaching methodology? What do you think about materials used during lessons? What do you think about the role of technology in the learning of foreign languages?
    On the whole, students thought the teaching methodology was good because the majority of the students passed the exam and they deemed that they learned a foreign language at least on a base level. However there were exceptions.
    Firstly; it was found that a little percentage of students failed the exam even though they attended the course all year. Secondly, some foreign students (especially Spanish students) met a lot of problems to interact with teachers.
    It seems that materials used was not so satisfying not only because all the books were too expensive, but also because the students had no chance to improve their speaking abilities or their fluency during the course.
    According to my peers in general, in the learning of foreign languages technology is an essential tool because with the internet and DVDs you can improve your comprehension skills.
    It is recommended that the students should improve their fluency for example with conversations with mother tongue students.

Re: can you correct my report, please?

Quote Originally Posted by candelina View Post
    The aim of this report is to describe and assess the factors which affect the learning of foreign languages, written at the request of the educational committee.

I asked a sample of 300 students just three questions. What do you think about teaching methodology? What do you think about materials used during lessons? What do you think about the role of technology in the learning of foreign languages?

On the whole, students thought the teaching methodology was good because the majority of the students passed the exam and they deemed that they learned a foreign language at least on a base [basic] level. However there were exceptions.
    Firstly; it was found that a little [small] percentage of students failed the exam even though they attended the course all year. Secondly, some foreign students (especially Spanish students) met a lot of problems to interact with teachers. [with the teachers/with teacher interaction/in their interactions with the teachers]
    It seems that materials used was [were] not so satisfying [satisfactory,] not only because all the books were too expensive, but also because the students had no chance to improve their speaking abilities or their fluency during the course.[This does not seem to connect with the materials. You need to reconsider that part of the sentence]
    According to my peers in general, in the learning of foreign languages technology is an essential tool because, with the internet and DVDs, you can improve your comprehension skills.
    It is recommended that the students should improve their fluency, for example with [through] conversations with mother tongue students.
    native speakers of English.