• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

The diffences of "WENTI"

Hello Everyone,

Issue,matter, subject, problem and question can all be interpreted into 问题(wenti) Therefore, we chinese are usually confused by the usage of the five vocabularies. Could you please here tell us their main differences?

Thanks and Best Regards

Sky

VIP Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China

Re: The diffences of "WENTI"

An issue can be a "matter", a "problem", even a "subject" under discussion, as in what is the issue / matter at hand / subject to be discussed / the problem we need to solve?

A problem can be a question, as in what's the answer to problem #2 / question #2 on the exam?

To my understanding, and I don't speak Chinese, if something has a solution / an answer, like an issue, a matter, a problem, a subject for discussion, a test problem, even an question, then it seems to fall under wenti in Chinese.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Re: The diffences of "WENTI"

Quote Originally Posted by Soup View Post
    An issue can be a "matter", a "problem", even a "subject" under discussion, as in what is the issue / matter at hand / subject to be discussed / the problem we need to solve?

A problem can be a question, as in what's the answer to problem #2 / question #2 on the exam?

To my understanding, and I don't speak Chinese, if something has a solution / an answer, like an issue, a matter, a problem, a subject for discussion, a test problem, even an question, then it seems to fall under wenti in Chinese.
    Thanks a lot for your reply! I have another question here, what is the major difference between matter and issue?

Regards

Sky