1. vene

looking for mistakes

I am practicing my writing skills, I would appreciate it if you could say me if these sentences are ok, thank you for everything

1- Considering somebody’s development, learning music should be as important as maths.
    2- In contrast to this, becoming a musician is difficult.
    3- Looking at young groups, they are looking forward to getting an opportunity.
    4- Set that you are a famous singer, would you like people following you whenever you were?

Re: looking for mistakes

Without seeing the sentences in context, it's difficult to know what you want to say.

But I think number 4:
    Set that you are a famous singer, would you like people following you whenever you were?

would be better like this:
    Imagine being a famous singer. Would you like people following you wherever you go?

I'm trying to learn on my own how to use some sentences in writings and for example, I saw in a book "set" as a starter for a paragraph or opinion and as there was no example I couldn't imagine how to use it...could you advice me how to learn its meaning? thank you!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by vene View Post
    I am practicing my writing skills, I would appreciate it if you could say me if these sentences are ok, thank you for everything

1- Considering somebody’s development, learning music should be as important as maths.
    2- In contrast to this, becoming a musician is difficult.
    3- Looking at young groups, they are looking forward to getting an opportunity.
    4- Set that you are a famous singer, would you like people following you whenever you were?
    1. Regarding a person's intellectual development, learning music should be considered as important as learning mathematics.
    2. OK
    3. Young people look forward to getting opportunities to advanxce themselves.
    4. (boothling answered that one just fine.)

~R