Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Anonymous Guest

    How to describe a table which is wiggling using a adj.

    I heard someone said " This table is wolly/wally ." (an adj. starts w/ W)
    because the ground is not level. But I don't know how
    to spell that word. So I couldn't look it up in the dictionary.

  2. #2
    Tdol is online now Editor,
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Wobbly, from the verb wobble.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    Wobbly, from the verb wobble.
    An ad from the 1970's: "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down." :D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts