Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Anonymous

    How to describe a table which is wiggling using a adj.

    I heard someone said " This table is wolly/wally ." (an adj. starts w/ W)
    because the ground is not level. But I don't know how
    to spell that word. So I couldn't look it up in the dictionary.

  2. Editor,
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 65,754
    Wobbly, from the verb wobble.

  3. Casiopea's Avatar

    • Join Date: Sep 2003
    • Posts: 12,970
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    Wobbly, from the verb wobble.
    An ad from the 1970's: "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down." :D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts