Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Unregistered

    Question Teaching in asia

    Im looking to improve my cultural understanding of foreign countries, to do this i have been told that teaching is the best and most fulfiling way.

    I have no qualifications other than GCE's so how do i get started?
    i would be graetful for any information about this such as, qualifications needed and countrys to give me the best experience.

    John Muckell

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 57,903

    Re: Teaching in asia

    Most places look for an appropriate ESL teaching qualification like the CELTA. In Japan, the Eikaiwa often offer their own trainging. In countries that are more off the beaten track, they will take unqualified poeople. However, if you wish to travel around a bit, then I would say that a decet qualification is essential.

Similar Threads

  1. Language teaching problem
    By Eway in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-Apr-2009, 02:36
  2. Entry level teaching positions?
    By AppleLinguist in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-Oct-2007, 01:21
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-Apr-2007, 21:00
  4. One-to-one teaching
    By ourarka in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-May-2006, 06:19
  5. Passion for teaching
    By Fame in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-Feb-2006, 07:10


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts