English Writing

Hello,
    Would you tell me how I can be fluent in English writing?

Thank you in advance for your help,
    Bahram Rafati

Re: English Writing

By constantly reading and writing. You can always use the forums for advice about what you have written. Practice is the only way to achieve perfection.

Thumbs up Re: English Writing

Absolutely right! The best way to improve both spoken and written fluency is practice, practice, practice! Keep a journal, post it online and request corrections. Writing is an excellent way to develop fluency because you can let your words flow, come back and correct later. It is the flow that's important. Once you develop that, you're on your way. I teach ESL in a border town in Mexico and the journal is the best tool I have found. I let younger children write as they wish and worry about grammar and spelling later. It really helps to develop thinking and composing in English if they're not initially worried about grammar and spelling. It also helps me pinpoint where they need the extra skillbuilding. Good luck!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

Re: English Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona8 View Post
    Absolutely right! The best way to improve both spoken and written fluency is practice, practice, practice! Keep a journal, post it online and request corrections. Writing is an excellent way to develop fluency because you can let your words flow, come back and correct later. It is the flow that's important. Once you develop that, you're on your way. I teach ESL in a border town in Mexico and the journal is the best tool I have found. I let younger children write as they wish and worry about grammar and spelling later. It really helps to develop thinking and composing in English if they're not initially worried about grammar and spelling. It also helps me pinpoint where they need the extra skillbuilding. Good luck!
    This is exactly what Thomas S. Kane wrote in his book "The Oxford Essential Guide to Writing". So it must be true and helpful!