grammar

would you correct the followings for me please? thank you!

1. read the passage focusing on the new words. (get familiar with the new lesson)
    2. read the passage again, and pay attention to the linking of the underlined pronunciations (make you speaking to be fashionable)
    3. comprehending the passage, translating every sentence into English, making sure your meanings are close to the original. (Helps you to improve your readings)
    4. recitethe passage. (helps you on writing)
    5. after class. Listen to the tape (optional. But it helps you to get a good tone of English)

Re: grammar

What is that you're asking us to do, Dogg?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • China

Quote Originally Posted by dogg View Post

1. Read the passage, focusing on the new words. (get familiar with the new lesson)
    2. Read the passage again, and pay attention to the linking (what do you mean by linking?)of the underlined pronunciations (make you speaking to be fashionable???)
    3. Understandthe passage, translating every sentence into English, making sure your meanings are close to the original. (Helps you to improve your reading comprehension)
    4. Recite (do you mean re-write or recite?) the passage. (helps you in writing)
    5. After class, listen to the tape (optional, but it helps you to get a good tone (what do you mean by tone?) of English)

Originally Posted by dogg

1. Read the passage, focusing on the new words. (get familiar with the new lesson)
    2. Read the passage again, and pay attention to the linking (what do you mean by linking?)of the underlined pronunciations (make you speaking to be fashionable???)
    3. Understandthe passage, translating every sentence into English, making sure your meanings are close to the original. (Helps you to improve your reading comprehension)
    5. After class, listen to the tape (optional, but it helps you to get a good tone (what do you mean by tone?) of English)

2. people like to create their own way when they speak. such as "what's up", some would say "wasup", and some say "sup"... when they are being used a lot, which i think they are fashionable?
    5. a good tone of english? native speakers have good tone. that's what i mean.

riverkid
    First Language: English

What is that you're asking us to do, Dogg?

that is, please make sure every sentence is correct. thank you.
    by the way, where in canada are you from?

Red face Re: grammar

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dogg

one more thing for number 2. "linking", what i think is, it means the joining of two or more words when we speak. i.e. "what are you doing?" when we speak, "what" and "are" become to /.
    Thank you