Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
South Africa
Current Location
Italy
I live in a small village in the north of Italy and do part-time teaching to 11-13 year olds. English conversation mainly as the teachers here have English and/or German as a second language. Schools then organise extra conversation lessons for the children with mother-tongue teachers. I quite enjoy it although the children are a lively bunch!

cdeb

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Where else can I put my heart and soul into BUT ENGLISH

"As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a person's life miserable or joyous.I can be a tool to torture or an instrument of inspiration"

PROESL

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
I teach English to people that need to, or want to, improve their English for their jobs or that have some other specific purpose for which they need to improve. This essentially means business English, English for professionals, and workplace English. However, I am not limited to these areas. What do you need help with? What do you need to work on?

icon12.gif
icon7.gif

csheywood

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Romania
I tutor adults and children privately in Brasov, Romania. I generally teach whoever asks me for conversation support but my special interest is in teaching for the Cambridge suite of exams, including IELTS. I contribute to the forum when I can.

Lady Hawk

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am a high school English teacher. Although I am not a certified ESL teacher, I have experience as an English conversation teacher in a Japanese Middle School while living in Okinawa, Japan. I enjoy working with people from other cultures and countries.

cdeb

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I'm Cdeb an English teacher. I have teaching experience on every level.
I have worked with kids and adults.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
fivejedjon:
Recently semi-retired from teaching:
Modern Languages: 25 years in 11-16/18 comprehensives in UK.
ELT: 16 years in Germany, Czech Republic, Turkey, Estonia, China, Lebanon and Oman. Some young learners and 18-21, but mainly adults, with a lot of Business English students. KET and FCE oral examiner, IELTS examiner.
Have co-authored one book (a flop) and contributed to several others.
Particularly interested in the highways and byways of English grammar, especially tense, aspect and mood in the verb system.

Last edited:

Tullia

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Ooops, never noticed this thread before.

Tullia: based in the UK, I work as a private tutor in both remedial and advanced English Language & Literature, teaching native speaker children from the ages of 10-16, with a little wiggle room on the ages at either end sometimes. I also tutor in remedial Maths and Science frequently, and occasionally remedial History and French/German.

Currently looking to move into EFL teaching, and heading off to Italy to take my CELTA as the first step on that journey in a week's time!

mouhda

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
A teacher of english in middle school for 15 years.
I had the experience of teaching in primary school and at the university.
I had a certificate in teaching english as a foreign language.

Mr_Ben

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Switzerland
I teach English to adults in the French speaking part of Switzerland. I've been teaching for about 4 years, I've taught private students and classes from CEFR levels A1-C1. My main interests are the Cambridge exams and the IELTS exam. You can see my tips for the CAE and IELTS exams and a collection of free internet resources on my site: Ben Teaches English | Simple Strategies for English Exams

giovanne

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
i'm a teacher.

ESL teacher - ages from 8-13
Languange Teacher from grade 1-6
Math teacher - grade 1 to 6

gisoel

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I teach General English, IELTS preparation, FCE / CAE preparation and Academic English for ages ranging from 16 - 50 years old.

moonlike

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Re: List of Teachers Postinge Forum on th

Hi
I have just come across this thread. I've been teaching EFL for almost 11 years, 5 years to kids and teens and 6 years to adults. I have mentioned somewhere else in another forum that I really find teaching to adults rewarding. I like them. I have also worked as a tutor and an English translation. We're bound to teach a course book. However, I'd like to break the rules;-) (in terms of teaching EFL) and try making the class much more interesting for learning even if it costs crossing out some boring parts of the book and replacing it with some useful and interesting ones. I would be happy to be of help to all the learners and my foreign colleagues around the world.

Good Luck!

huymai

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I teach ESL to all age-groups - preferably late-teen/adult

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I teach EFL and academic English to adults. :cool:

Elliot67

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Puerto Rico
Current Location
Puerto Rico
I am an ESL retired teacher. I taught English to Spanish-speaking High School students, and also the Advanced Level English Course to Honor Students.
I attended the monthly seminars for the Advanced Course sponsored by the College Board.

kilroy65

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
I teach ESL to teenagers and adults.

Teia

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
I have been teaching EFL to students who want to take the Police Academy exam, for more than 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.