Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. LwyrFirat's Avatar

    • Join Date: Sep 2007
    • Posts: 343

    Academician or Linguist

    One of my friends is dealing with her dissertation now, and looking for a proof reader as well. The international office of the University provides a list for the proof readers. Some proof readers are linguist, some of them are academicians. For the proofreading of the piece of academic work which profession would you recommend, a NES academician on that subject or a NES linguist? For ex: She is a tourism student who is writing her dissertation, she has two alternatives. One of them an English former tourism lecturer and the other one is an English linguist. Thanks in advance.

  2. Barb_D's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Mar 2007
    • Posts: 19,269

    Re: Academician or Linguist

    I'd go with the tourism person. That person knows the lingo, and also might catch things in logic that go beyond what a proofreader would find.

Similar Threads

  1. I am going to be a linguist...
    By Super Sonic in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-Mar-2007, 20:01


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts