Results 1 to 5 of 5

    • Join Date: Apr 2005
    • Posts: 61
    #1

    Use of "Because"

    Hello!
    I wonder whether an answer could be written starting with "Because".
    Another question: Whether writing a note in student's note book would need a full stop or not? like: Improve your writing
    Can anyone give some examples of different remarks that could be written after checking students' note books.
    Regards

  1. BobK's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2006
    • Posts: 16,038
    #2

    Re: Use of "Because"

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    Hello!
    I wonder whether an answer could be written starting with "Because".
    Informally, yes, but many teachers and examiners would disapprove.

    Of course, when it is not in an answer, 'Because' to start a sentence-initial subordinate clause is fine: 'Because he didn't want to meet Daniel, he didn't go to the party.'

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    Another question: Whether writing a note in student's note book would need a full stop or not? like: Improve your writing
    Does it matter? If I'm finally getting around to my marking and it's way past my bed-time, I'm not going to worry about every jot and tittle. But when there's a following sentence (or some other opportunity for misunderstanding) a teacher will usually bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    Can anyone give some examples of different remarks that could be written after checking students' note books.
    Regards
    See me
    Most schools have their own standards - check locally.

    b


    • Join Date: Apr 2005
    • Posts: 61
    #3

    Re: Use of "Because"

    Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    See me
    Most schools have their own standards - check locally.
    Thanks for your help BobK. Could you please let me know some of your standard remarks in writing students' note book.
    -Regards

  2. BobK's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2006
    • Posts: 16,038
    #4

    Re: Use of "Because"

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    Thanks for your help BobK. Could you please let me know some of your standard remarks in writing students' note book.
    -Regards
    Sorry . As I don't have a regular job, there are no standards that I have to observe.

    b


    • Join Date: Apr 2005
    • Posts: 61
    #5

    Re: Use of "Because"

    Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    Sorry . As I don't have a regular job, there are no standards that I have to observe.

    b
    Its ok, thanks for your help :)

Similar Threads

  1. "For" = "because"?
    By learner2007 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-Aug-2007, 14:20
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2006, 13:52
  3. "therefore" after "because" or "since"?
    By dihen in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-Jan-2006, 09:57

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •