Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Now here is a thread which I can PHILOSOPHICALLY relate to. I'd like to thank everyone on here for showing their true nature as a human being and giving away for free what they have tirelessly worked on. Only he who lives for others truly lives. I will be spending some time over the next few weeks checking out all the free lessons. Thanks a lot everyone for making all of our lives just that little bit easier.

to give = to love.

Happy Teaching

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You can start by looking at the fact that this site is free and that we waive copyright restrictions on materials that we give out for use in the classroom, including ones we have paid for. What we will not do is allow other people's copyright to be abused. We have hundreds of free lessons from a number of our own sources (about 400 lessons and nearly 500 quizzes) that are freely available to teachers and learners. We're not against sharing and providing- we're against copyright abuse because it will get us closed down. Please stop your campaign now.

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You can start by looking at the fact that this site is free and that we waive copyright restrictions on materials that we give out for use in the classroom, including ones we have paid for. What we will not do is allow other people's copyright to be abused. We have hundreds of free lessons from a number of our own sources (about 400 lessons and nearly 500 quizzes) that are freely available to teachers and learners. We're not against sharing and providing- we're against copyright abuse because it will get us closed down. Please stop your campaign now.

What campaign?

I think you and me have got off on the wrong foot. I have never called you names, or abused you. I made a mistake and suggested an extremely famous site to a teacher who was looking for material - I never linked to the site, and for that reason I saw no harm in what I was doing. Nonetheless, I apologized and I hope we can start again without all this bad feeling. In future, I will find other ways (private emails perhaps) to spread the gifts of knowledge that the internet can offer. I certainly don't think of the forum, or any administrator, as 'fascist' for doing their job. I understand that the site can be 'closed down' for copyright material, and I don't want a site like this with lots of free stuff to get closed down. So lets chill, eh? I just thought it might be interesting to have a debate on the issue, but sadly that thread was closed down too. Oh well, I suppose people have got better things to do than debate the merits of copyright law anyway. Never mind...I'll continue to debate interesting questions like this (and it is an interesting question) with my students, and leave the forum for free lessons.

Happy teaching,

Dave

GaryCF

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Italy
Hi everyone,
I would like to share some lessons I have been working on. They are all youtube based. Unlike most materials I find on youtube, they are aimed specifically at teachers, to use in the classroom. Their aim is to help teachers drill basic grammar structures. I would love to hear any feedback you might have! A list of the youtube videos can be found at interactiveenglishgrammar.com.
I hope you enjoy using the lessons and many thanks to anyone who takes the time to give me some feedback
Gary

esladventure

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
China
I agree that many teachers out there have to make their lesson plans "from the ground up." I just don't think this is sustainable in the long run.

What I've learned to do in my time working for training center here in Shenzhen, China, is to save everything. Usually we follow a 22-class structure, and I've got files saved for each of those classes.

I always have a warm-up activity, a main activity, and a game. This keeps things moving, and makes the students happy, and most importantly, keeps them from getting bored.

I often use files from my site, esladventure.com, devoted to giving ESL teachers the materials and supplies they need.

teflplanit

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I agree that many teachers out there have to make their lesson plans "from the ground up." I just don't think this is sustainable in the long run.

What I've learned to do in my time working for training center here in Shenzhen, China, is to save everything. Usually we follow a 22-class structure, and I've got files saved for each of those classes.

I always have a warm-up activity, a main activity, and a game. This keeps things moving, and makes the students happy, and most importantly, keeps them from getting bored.

I often use files from my site, esladventure.com, devoted to giving ESL teachers the materials and supplies they need.

Hi guys,
You may be interested in this site teflplanit.com . It has been designed for teachers to share lessons. You can create lessons, activities, articles, tests etc and share them, either with everyone, or just with groups you are a member of. You can create your own groups to share your resources with, for example, co-workers in your school. There's also the option to include your own media ( images, audio, video ) if you are willing to subscribe. Subscription also enables users to copy and modify existing content to make it suitable for them.
It's still relatively new, so I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts and suggestions.

Peace!

esltutor

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is appropriate here or not, but I have a free ebook on my website called, "ESL Worksheets for Adults: Volume 1, Simple Present Tense Cloze Exercises." It has 27 worksheets you can copy along with the answers sheets. In full disclosure, I do ask you to subscribe to my newsletter/ezine in exchange for the download.

You can get the ebook here: ESL Teaching Tips Ezine.

Altynay

Banned
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I’d like to share my kids’ favourite. It’s called Pizza. For its holding, you need to split the class into 3 or 4 teams. Afterwards you have to draw a big circle on the board and to divide it into segments by the number of teams. Their reps go to the board and write in turns food which is usually used in cooking pizza. The team which wrote the most words wins the game. Just in case, it’s from here: [URL removed due to low standard of English on the site]

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Altynay, I have removed the hyperlink to the site where you found that game. We would normally ask that you supply the source of such material but there were so many errors just on page 1 of that website that we do not want to encourage learners to use it.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
At the end of this long snd ancient thread, I must add that although you can (improbably) say "thundered and lightened" that's not what you mean. You mean there was thunder and lightning.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Let's close it.

Status