Would you please tell me if my sentences are correct?
1) Some students live on University campus.
Do we need to put a capital “U” to “university” here? If yes, why? No - on the university campus
[unless the name of the campus is "university", in which case it is a proper noun and needs the capital letter].
2) a) We had a really good time at your place...
b) We really had a good time... (?) (where should I put the adverb ?) #a says the time we had was extra good; #b says that we had a good time. The placement of "really" depends on which meaning you intend.
c) We had a real good time... (correct ?) Colloquially used. Not good formal English.
d) We enjoyed ourselves immensely at your place / house (are they the same ? In this context either works - you could also use "home") last weekend.
3) We spent a week in / on (?) Corfu. (what shall I say, and why ?) In Corfu (town); on Corfu (island).
4) The company has a plant / factory in Ireland. (are they the same ?In this context, yes.)
5) I had to change train in / at(?) Birmingham. (what shall I say, and why ?) I had to change trains > You can use either "at" or "in" here.
6) We used to live in a small area/ place (?) called Eastwood. (are they the same ?) No. "Place" is the word to use unless you want to be more specific: a small village; a small suburb; a small district. Area means "part of an expanse, space or surface" = "the area opposite is a parking lot".
Thank you in advance for your explanations.
Student or Learner