• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Smile Dear experts in Business english...

I would like to know the different between "methodology" and "plan of action" in a practical way. Please help me. I am a beginner. I will give you an example. please help me to find what my methodology and what my plan of action....I was asked a question by a visitors in our office that

Can you please tell me clearly what you seek to accomplish, what is your methodology and what is your plan of action?

My answer was "we would like to create awareness among rural people about HIV/AIDS. For that we are conducting meeting with this people"

That's all I know and said. please guide me how do I seperate my points as accomplishment, methodology and action

Thanks in advance
    suresh

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Dear experts in Business english...

The "methodology" refers to your organizations core principles or mission statement. In your case, "creating awareness of HIV/AIDS in rural areas" is your methodology. Now, how are you going to create that awareness? That is your plan of action. You mention conducting meetings with people. You probably need to be more specific. How will you notify these people of the meetings, where will they be held, who will provide the information, etc.

Methodology : the system by which you do something.

Plan of action : the detailed proposal for how you aim to do something.

Your plan of action to achieve better sales could take the form of
    1: increase promotion of the product
    2: increase the sales force
    3: improve on turn-round time from order to delivery

The methodology to achieve this will include seeking more advertising space, advertising and hiring more staff, analysing and implementing changes in the warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshfina View Post
    I would like to know the different between "methodology" and "plan of action" in a practical way. Please help me. I am a beginner. I will give you an example. please help me to find what my methodology and what my plan of action....I was asked a question by a visitors in our office that

Can you please tell me clearly what you seek to accomplish, what is your methodology and what is your plan of action?

My answer was "we would like to create awareness among rural people about HIV/AIDS. For that we are conducting meeting with this people"

That's all I know and said. please guide me how do I seperate my points as accomplishment, methodology and action

Thanks in advance
    suresh

A "Plan of Action" is a proposal that you write outlining concerns that you have, why they are important and what goals you expect to achieve.

"Methodology" is a step by step procedure for achieving the goals set out in your "Plan of Action".