Exclamation Please help me with this one...

HI everyone,
    I'm just about to enrol for a CELTA course and have some problems in solving the language awareness task. I have a prolbem solving one of the exercises which is about Sentence Stress. If anyone knows the answer for this question, I would highly appreciate it. So the task is....

Explain the difference in meaning between the following pairs of sentences. The first sentence is neutral and in the second sentence the word in capitals is heavily stressed.

a)Have you met my wife before?
    b)Have you met MY wife before?

c)Can you buy me a second copy?
    d)Can you BUY me a second copy?

e)She has pretty hair.
    f)She has pretty HAIR.

Once again thank you for your answers. You make my life a lot of easier.

Lukasz

Re: Please help me with this one...

Quote Originally Posted by edyta1 View Post
    HI everyone,
    I'm just about to enrol for a CELTA course and have some problems in solving the language awareness task. I have a prolbem solving one of the exercises which is about Sentence Stress. If anyone knows the answer for this question, I would highly appreciate it. So the task is....

Explain the difference in meaning between the following pairs of sentences. The first sentence is neutral and in the second sentence the word in capitals is heavily stressed.

a)Have you met my wife before? (a general statement)
    b)Have you met MY wife before? (my wife....not his wife)

c)Can you buy me a second copy? (a general statement)
    d)Can you BUY me a second copy? (I want you to buy it ....not loan/steal or get it some other way)

e)She has pretty hair. (a general statement)
    f)She has pretty HAIR. (pretty hair especially....I know she has pretty features elsewhere)

Once again thank you for your answers. You make my life a lot of easier.

Lukasz