Post to reinvent oneself

"Commerce Minister has already asked exporters to live with a stronger rupee, but both exporters and domestic industries will likely argue for more time to reinvest themselves or the age of strong rupee, which would have been unthinkable a decade ago." What is the meaning of " to reinvent themselves" in the above?

Re: to reinvent oneself

Quote Originally Posted by Romel Panzer View Post
    "Commerce Minister has already asked exporters to live with a stronger rupee, but both exporters and domestic industries will likely argue for more time to reinvest themselves or the age of strong rupee, which would have been unthinkable a decade ago." What is the meaning of " to reinvent themselves" in the above?
    Hmmmmmmmm.....do you mean reinvest or reinvent??

I think you made another error in typing "in the age" not "or the age"

"To reinvent oneself" means to change the way you do things. In the above example, because of the rising value of the rupee, it is more difficult to export goods because they become more expensive. Exporters in India cannot depend on the selling point of having the cheapest goods anymore. They must change their way (reinvent) of doing business. Perhaps by making a higher quality product to justify the increased price or offering some kind of after sales service.

Smile Re: to reinvent oneself

Thank you for pointing out my two typographical mistakes. You are right; I meant "reinvent" and the meaning of the sentence is very clear to me now. Thanks again.