1. Unregistered

help with a letter formula

Hi I need to write a letter requesting assistance with the dissemination of a campaign to assist with a Humanitarian campaign (missing children). the letter needs to go to various Managing Directors of multi-national companies based in France. (I'm in the UK).
    I dont need money but I do need to persuade the MD's to allow their stores to display our Posters of missing children.
    What approach should I use? How much background information should I find out about the companies-I know a lot of them offer Humanitarian aid for projects with children, but this request doesnt quite fit their criteria.

Thanks for your help, all tips gratefully received.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: help with a letter formula

It never harms to do your research, even if it is not immediately relevant. So build a dossier on the companies, their activities, and their probable/possible willingness to help.

As to the letter, you will need to start with a clear and simple account of your organization's activities. Then go one to describe help already given to you by other companies (check with them if you can cite their names), and what form this help took. End by suggesting that their cooperation and contribution will be of great benefit to both parties.